I've gone though alot of storms.

The last one they sent me has a horrrible click to it, its almost IMPOSSIBLE to click the sides

( it came like this, and they told me they would replace it but i just havint had time to call back)

But now, it's getting annoying and i want it replaced, and they said they would have to give me a new device since i keep getting new ones.

Now, I'm sure these 3 questions have been asked, and im sure i've read it but just forgot.

Question 1.) Does getting, lets say the tour or a curve, move up my end of contract date to the day i get my new device?

Question 2.) Say i don't take the offer for the change of device, keep my storm and just use a old world edition on the account, will insurance change onto that phone?

Question 3.) will i be able to change back to my storm at anytime and take the offer at another point(change my storm for a new device) or possibly a new storm, if they decide to offer me it later.
    07-11-09 07:54 PM
    I've gone though alot of storms.

The last one they sent me has a horrrible click to it, its almost IMPOSSIBLE to click the sides

( it came like this, and they told me they would replace it but i just havint had time to call back)

But now, it's getting annoying and i want it replaced, and they said they would have to give me a new device since i keep getting new ones.

Now, I'm sure these 3 questions have been asked, and im sure i've read it but just forgot.

Question 1.) Does getting, lets say the tour or a curve, move up my end of contract date to the day i get my new device?

Question 2.) Say i don't take the offer for the change of device, keep my storm and just use a old world edition on the account, will insurance change onto that phone?

Question 3.) will i be able to change back to my storm at anytime and take the offer at another point(change my storm for a new device) or possibly a new storm, if they decide to offer me it later.
    1- Yes
    2-NO
    3-only if they offer it to you again. You would probably have to go through a few storms when you reactivate it and remember that if it is more than a year old at that point it is no longer covered.

With that IMHO you would be best to take the deal now... If you dont you may not get a second offer
    07-11-09 07:59 PM
    I've always had that problem... Today I loosened the back two screws and viola! It works sooooo much better.
    Just search the forums for this issue and you will find more detailed instructions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 08:23 PM
    Any time you go through 3 replacements you are supposed to be offered the option to switch to another blackberry that is of equal or lesser value. Anytime. I have heard of people working their way into a tour. It would not move your end of contract date because they are in turn replacing your storm again. And you would have to go through a few tours to get back to a storm. Call vzw and mention going to another carrier unless you get a tour. They will definitely move on that.
    07-15-09 10:46 PM
    Call vzw and mention going to another carrier unless you get a tour. They will definitely move on that.
    Yup - they move really quickly in telling you how much your ETF will be.

This guy knows less about what he is talking about than I do about piloting the space shuttle.

07-16-09 01:10 AM
    Any time you go through 3 replacements you are supposed to be offered the option to switch to another blackberry that is of equal or lesser value. Anytime. I have heard of people working their way into a tour. It would not move your end of contract date because they are in turn replacing your storm again. And you would have to go through a few tours to get back to a storm. Call vzw and mention going to another carrier unless you get a tour. They will definitely move on that.

This guy knows less about what he is talking about than I do about piloting the space shuttle.

Yea Twins is right here( i know never happens does it or at least I wont admit it ) Dont do that. If you have had that many replacements call in and be real, be nice and polite and your chances are better of at least being offered a new storm or something else. But you have to comprimise too, you cant call expecting to get what you want now, for free with out renewing your contract. Chances are they will ask you to pay 50-199.99 and renew your contract.
    07-16-09 09:30 AM

Obviously you must be a sales rep. The people that I encourage my old customers/friends not to deal with. Obviously the sale means so much to people like you that you forget the basics of the job. People like you are what make people like me encourage people to use their computer, buy offline and then go to the store if they have problems. And of course I like to do a little research.

#1 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM
    ls1norcal
    CrackBerry Abuser
    Device Model: 9530
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Sep 2008

HOW TO: Get a free or discounted Tour for your Storm, Curve, whatever

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First thing you have to understand. These cases are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Verizon does not have a system in place that tracks how many times you complain about your phone or something, then grant you whatever you want after X amount of times.

If you want to get a Tour for free, or on a early upgrade technicality call 611, and go the option where you want to cancel. You will be transferred to the retentions department. The sole purpose of this department is self-explanatory, to make sure you dont cancel, and YES, these people are paid retention bonus', so it is in their best interest to get you what you want.

We live in a Capitalist world where money talks, and in that sense what matters to Verizon as a whole, is how much money you are giving them a year. I personally get almost whatever I want because I have 4 Blackberry phones on my plan. That in no way says that your single line Blackberry plan is worthless to them, but like I said, money talks. If you do pay more than 2K/year to Verizon, I like to throw the term "thousands a year" when talking to them.

Explain to them how dis-satisfied you are with your current phone, and if you're like me you wont be lying (Storm owner). Explain to them how all the other carriers have all the newest and better Blackberries (AT&T has the Bold, T-Mobile has the Curve 8900, and if you dont own a Storm, emphasize that its a POS if they ask you about it). Obviously, the further along you are in your contract, the more likely you are willing to cancel due to pro-rated cancellation fees, and vice versa , and they know this.

What have I got from the retentions department? I first realized how much they will bend over for you when my Storm broke for the second time. After explaining to them how dis-satisfied I was, the lady just asked me, "Well, what phone would make you happy?" I told her almost nothing, because GPS is vital to me, and no other phone has unlocked GPS. (I was really close to taking her offer of a Touch Pro for free though, because you can unlock the GPS). I told her I want a brand new Storm TODAY. They had one literally waiting for me behind the counter at the Verizon store around the corner from me.

Keep in mind, you have to be a profitable customer for them to have any interest in helping you. If you're the type of person who calls and bitches every month about some stupid detail on your bill, you are pretty much guaranteed to get shot down. EVERYTIME you call Verizon, no matter what its for, it is logged by the rep, and they write down whatever they want in there. The last thing you want to do is be an *** to these people. For 1, they dont deserve it, and 2., they are in sole control of what they write in those notes. Ever called Verizon and been a d!ckhead, then had another issue and they were difficult with you? This is why.

Hope this helps!

BTW, if any of you are wondering "why the **** should I believe anything this guy says?". For what its worth, I have 3 close friends who work for Verizon, one of which is a store manager, and 2 more friends who work at the call center dealing with the a$$holes like us who call.
    Last edited by Raptor6977; 07-16-09 at 09:49 PM.
    07-16-09 09:37 PM
    Obviously you must be a sales rep. The people that I encourage my old customers/friends not to deal with. Obviously the sale means so much to people like you that you forget the basics of the job. People like you are what make people like me encourage people to use their computer, buy offline and then go to the store if they have problems.
    And obviously you must not know how a business is ran.

07-16-09 09:50 PM
    Anytime someone goes into the lame defense of "I have friends who are..." are lying or trying to cover up for some serious deficiencies.

I have friends who are Black!

I have a lot of gay friends!

I have friends who own guns and a nephew who hunts

Sales? Hardly. I am sitting outside my RV - a machine with a steering wheel that probably costs more than you will ever be able to afford. I employ people - people with far more sense that you have been exhibiting here.

I have a suggestion for you, oh fabled bird of prey - take your own advice - call up VZW, tell them you are switching to another carrier, then do just that.

07-16-09 10:49 PM

Yeah no they wont.
    07-17-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD