Just got my curve today and love it!!! My question is that getting emails on my curve takes about 10-15 minutes. Is that normal? I read that it is suppose to take seconds.

Thanks
    08-08-08 11:09 PM
    It it was BES, it would be almost instant, but BIS has a delay.
    08-09-08 12:19 AM
    Gmail is almost instant for me but my comcast email is about 15 minutes delayed.

I read (but can't recall where) that the servers are checked every 15 mins and if no new messages it doesn't check again for 15 more. If new messages have arrives the servers stay connected and additional messages come immeadiately. If no new messages in that window it reverts back to the 15 min interval.
    08-09-08 12:55 AM
    Gmail tends to be faster than, say, a personal ISP or web site account. Legend has it that RIM has a deal with Google that polls their servers very often.

What I do is have all my email forwarded to a blackberry.net account, with my normal address as the reply-to, which hides the blackberry address.

The result is that my Gmail accounts get forwarded instantly than are pushed to the phone. When net lag is low (like now for example) it only takes a few seconds. My web site account is a bit slower so it might take 10-30 seconds, off-peak.

At peak times it's never more than a minute on either accounts.

The only downside is that everything goes into one mail box on the phone, but it hasn't proved to be a problem so far since Outlook does all the heavy lifting for me, the BB is only used for things that need quick responses. For my needs this setup works great and is very very fast.

BIS -will- push emails to your phone the key is to have everything you want fast forwarded to it via a blackberry.net address. Unfortunately, they only grant you one of them, but it's a good one - it blocks unfriendly emails that even Gmail misses, and is way better than my web host's email server, which is pretty good (compared to, say, yahoo, or other major ISP's).
    08-09-08 03:38 AM
    Okay, I did some reading after posting. My gmail account takes forever, up to 40 minutes. My godaddy email takes about 1 minute. From what I read there is a problem with gmail and rim when using gmail as imap. From what I read, if i use gmail as pop, it would be instant but I would lose the ability to delete from BB and gmail account. So I forward everything from gmail to a yahoo account and use the reply with gmail. Now when I get a gmail email, I get 2; one from gmail and one from yahoo. It allows me to use gmail in imap and delete them from my gmail account. '

Thanks for the help.
    08-10-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD