How many days do I have to cancel my contract to avoid any ETF without having to port a number?
    12-12-08 11:58 AM
    Most companies its either 15 or 30 days. If your past that point then you have to pay the ETF...........You are still able to port your number either way though.
    Last edited by ThePerfectStorm; 12-12-08 at 12:15 PM. Reason: 1st reply didn't make sense
    12-12-08 12:13 PM
    With VZW it's 30 days! Worry free gaurentee!
    12-12-08 06:55 PM
    Wait you mean after you sign up with VZW you've got 30 days to cancel?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 07:14 PM
    Wait you mean after you sign up with VZW you've got 30 days to cancel?

Correct you have 30 days to cancel.
    12-12-08 07:27 PM
    Agreed. 30 days is the general timeframe across the board.

12-12-08 07:29 PM
    ETFs mean nothing to me. I've talked my way out of six of them this year from three different companies.
    12-12-08 11:31 PM
    ETFs mean nothing to me. I've talked my way out of six of them this year from three different companies.
    Well if your so good then why don't you share some tips on how to do it?
    12-13-08 08:16 AM
    Five, you are mistaken i'm sure. Why would a company(ies) let you out of so many when you are leaving them...I smell BS
    12-13-08 08:53 AM
    Please tell us your secrets! Did anyone PM that guy?

12-13-08 10:10 AM
    Basically, you just have to be persistent and look for loopholes.

Sprint, I used the service fee increase loophole,
    ATT, I exposed (and had documented) a hole in their coverage area which was counter to what their on-line map showed
    Verizon, I used the myriad problems with the Storm to leverage my way to waiving the ETF.

It's easy, really, you just have to remain calm, spend the time finding where the loophole is for your particular situation, and then calmly and repeatedly ask for it.
    12-13-08 10:17 AM

ATT, I exposed (and had documented) a hole in their coverage area which was counter to what their on-line map showed
    Verizon, I used the myriad problems with the Storm to leverage my way to waiving the ETF.

It's easy, really, you just have to remain calm, spend the time finding where the loophole is for your particular situation, and then calmly and repeatedly ask for it.
    I must do this! ASAP!
    12-13-08 11:12 AM

So you've gotten out of Sprint, ATT and VZW. So does that mean you are on TMO now??
    12-13-08 12:22 PM
    So you've gotten out of Sprint, ATT and VZW. So does that mean you are on TMO now??
    Yes, and VZW still (Storm has dual NAMs) But I respected TMO too much to work their system.
    Last edited by Five; 12-13-08 at 12:49 PM.
    12-13-08 12:47 PM
    i was able to talk my way out of my TMO contract by complaining about lack of service
    12-13-08 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD