I just bought a 8130 off of eBay to have as a back up phone. I activated it earlier this evening to make sure all functions worked and what not. I used the Verizon website to change the ESN and then activated the phone. Now that I am trying to reactive my Storm back on my line it tells me it can not process the request and to try again later. Funny thing is it will process the request with my Storms ESN on my girlfriends line. Is there a time frame issue here with my line since I changed devices once today? Do I need to call Verizon in the morning to get it straight or will I eventually be able to do it myself? Thanks in advance for any help!
    02-17-10 04:06 AM
    I have seen the system stop an ESN change after 3 in one day. What hapens when you "try again later"?
    02-17-10 09:23 AM
    Have you tried dialing *228 option 3 and seeing if it will go thru that way?

I would try calling in. There could be something hung up. Or just give it a day and see if everything clears up.

I am with Mario... it could be that there have been too many changes within a 24 hr period.
    02-17-10 09:25 AM
    You can always call 611 or take it into a store and they can do an ESN swap. You can always call 611 to check an ESN, you don't have to physically activate the phone.
    02-17-10 09:48 AM
    I have seen the system stop an ESN change after 3 in one day. What hapens when you "try again later"?
    It lets you enter the esn and pick the line you want it activated on. Give the same message to try again later.
    Have you tried dialing *228 option 3 and seeing if it will go thru that way?

I would try calling in. There could be something hung up. Or just give it a day and see if everything clears up.

I am with Mario... it could be that there have been too many changes within a 24 hr period.
    I tried *228 with no luck at all.
    You can always call 611 or take it into a store and they can do an ESN swap. You can always call 611 to check an ESN, you don't have to physically activate the phone.
    I called CS today. She had the Storm up and running in about 5 minutes. Said she was unsure of why it would let me switch to the Pearl but not back to the Storm especially since they are both berries. Any way I am up and running again! Thanks guys!
    02-17-10 04:34 PM
    No problems, I do miss (at times) the small form factor of the Pearl. I might have to pick up the new pearl when it drops...but it's hard to give up the screen size of the Storm2.
    02-17-10 06:16 PM
    Ahh well good. I guess it just wanted to give you a hard time.
    02-17-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD