Ok so I just spent like 30 minutes trying to jump through hoops on the Verizon website to figure out how much my monthly payment would be and I cant figure it out. If anyone knows off the top of their head how much this would be, that would be awesome. Or if you can point me in the right direction on the website that would be great too. I want a blackberry plan with 2 lines attached to it. The 2nd and 3rd lines dont need anything besides being able to talk. But the primary line would need to have unlimited texts, emails, etc..
    01-07-09 10:40 PM
    So a total of 3 BlackBerry lines? You can add $29.99 for each BlackBerry you add. Each additional line added onto a family plan is $9.99. How big of a minute bucket do you need?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 11:23 PM
    around 700 minutes, and only 1 blackberry on the primary line, the other 2 can be razors for all my parents care lol. they just need to be able to talk. Thanks for the response fluid
    01-07-09 11:34 PM
    700 minutes. OK. So take the 700 minute family plan, make it the premium so you have texting, add $29.99 for your BB plan, and then add on $9.99 x 2 for your parents. You can add about 10 bucks total for taxes. Any chance you get a discount through your employer?
    01-08-09 08:31 AM
    I have a plan similar to what you are looking for:
    700 shared min
    unlim nights and weekends
    unlim IN-calling

1st line $60
    +$29.99 for BB data plan
    +$10 for 500 txt/pix/flix and unlim IN-messaging

2nd line $9.99
    +$10 for 500 txt/pix/flix and unlim IN-messaging

3rd line $9.99

after employer discount and taxes my last bill was $138.63. Now this could vary depending on your area and tax rate and whether or not your employer gets you a discount, but the above numbers we're without any adjustments so you can get a basic idea, pre-tax, what you'd be looking at.
    01-08-09 05:36 PM
    I will throw ours in there to compare.

700 minutes Family Shared plan.

2 BB's with unlimited texting/pix/flix.

After employer discount, ours is about 140 a month.
    01-08-09 06:14 PM
    Thanks a lot guys! that really helped out. Actually im starting a job at Verizon next week. The thing is, im not technically employed by Verizon, im employed by the IT consulting firm that sent me there. I emailed some people today to see if I could score some discount. I would hate to think im working at a corporate Verizon building everyday and not getting some perk from them.

But again, thanks a lot for the info, it made things much easier to understand. On a side note, we've been with sprint for like 6 years and we've never really looked at other carriers. Now that im looking at verizon and at&t im realizing how grossly overpriced sprint is.
    01-09-09 12:17 AM
    i would definately go with 700 mintues on a family plan since that is the lowest one and thats all the minutes you need plus you could always change them if you think that you are goin to go over. The second thing is that you said you wanted unlimited text on the first line but the second lines dont matter. Well you could go with a select plan meaning that all lines would have unlimited text messaging since its part of the plan or you could go with a basic plan and then only add text messaging to your line depending on how many texts you send you could do $5-250 messages sent and received,$10-500 messages,$15 1500,and finally $20 for 5000.Basically, if you know you going to use over 1500 messages might as well dish out the extra $10 for a select plan instead of paying $20 for 5000 messages. As far as pricing the plan with just minutes is $60 for the first two lines and $9.99 for the additional line so your at $70 and then an extra $30 dollars for your blackberry service (unfortunately no way around that if you want a blackberry). So that already brings you to a $110 not to mention whatever text package you go with plus insurance if you decide to add it to at least your blackberry which is an extra $5 a month. So your looking at at least $115 with insurance on just your phone with the other two lines and taxes. If you go with the select plan your looking at $100 for just the first two lines,$9.99 for the third line-$110,plus your blackberry service for $30-$140 plus tax grand total without insurance.Ultimately it comes down to whether or not you see yourself using a lot of text messaging and just spending the extra $10 or $15 more for text messaging. Hope that this helps and good luck.
    01-09-09 12:18 AM
    Thanks a lot machete, lots of good info there!!

Couple of questions:

The select plan just gives you unlimited everything on one line basically?

How do you go about getting discounts? I mean i know how you get them, but, do you goto the store and tell them hey I work at so and so? I read somewhere that you give them a work email and they verify through that?
    01-09-09 12:25 AM
    the select plan gives only unlimited text messaging to all the lines on that plan so the other two lines will automatically get it and theyre still a $9.99 add on and the basic will just give you voice mintues and youd have to individually add text messaging as a feature to each line depedning on text package you see would be appropriate. As for as the discount just bring a recent paycheck stub or business card and theyll look up your business discount and put it in the computer. The email will work sometimes but easier and faster with paycheck stub or business card. Usually takes about two bill cycles till you see the discount on your account.
    01-09-09 12:31 AM
    Ok cool, thanks for the select plan info.

That kinda sucks about the discount though, since ill have a verizon email, but my pay stubs will be from my consulting firm. blah.
    01-09-09 12:42 AM
    take in a work ID......that might help
    01-09-09 11:43 AM
    Ahh thats a good idea, im sure ill get one of those. Also, does anyone know how often they check up on discounts? Say i work there for 6 months, will I continue to get my discount? I know I got my good grades high school car insurance discount years into college because they never checked.
    01-09-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD