I'm going to be in the UK for one week, just activated the SIM on the phone and international data. Phone calls are $1/min.

Question: If I am in a place with wifi and turn off the phone connection, will I be able to used my Skype account for voice calls?
    03-05-12 10:48 AM
    I don't think this will work because the only network that allows calls over wifi in the UK is Orange.
    03-05-12 11:03 AM
    No, the current version won't work over wifi (try turning wifi on and cellular connection off and opening skype, you will get an error). Right now you can only use the app domestically when connected to the Verizon network. When I travel to the UK, I take my BB with the international data to keep connected with my BBM contacts and emails (plus facebook and twitter) and used it for short calls. If you need to do lots of calling back to the US, I suggest going to a vodafone store and getting a prepaid for for next to nothing and opting for their "passport" where you can get cheap international calls for roughly 10p a minute. Worked swell for me.
    03-07-12 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD