Alright, I'm trying to get this Curve for as cheap as possible.

To give you a little background, I NE2ed up to a Voyager in January (I know TERRIBLE idea). However I still have it but I am 100% getting rid of it and purchaisng a curve.

Now my question is this: Is there a way I can get an EARLY UPGRADE? If yes, explain how that works / what the reprucssions (terrible spelling).

If no, what else can I do?
    08-11-08 02:08 PM
    Nope... I am pretty sure you are SOL and stuck paying retail. You could sell your Voyager on eBay or something to help make up some of the cost. Or look on eBay for a VZW Curve and have them transfer you to that device once you purchase it
    08-11-08 02:11 PM
    My Voyager has a crack in it now ...One day literally took it out of my pocket and it was screwed up.

And I read a post the other day about threatening to cancel and then they will usually give you the lower price? Does that work?

Also, what then makes you elgible for the Early Upgrade?
    08-11-08 02:12 PM
    Nope... I am pretty sure you are SOL and stuck paying retail. You could sell your Voyager on eBay or something to help make up some of the cost. Or look on eBay for a VZW Curve and have them transfer you to that device once you purchase it
    McClure is correct, as i have an 8130 Pearl from Verizon and would like to update to a 8330 Curve. Might buy it as a christmas gift to myself. We are stuck paying retail...
    08-11-08 02:13 PM
    You need to order by phone, and not online.. VZW reps will let you bargain with them. They have a credit they can give you that they call the "Advanced Device Credit". Its $100.00 off of a BB or PDA phone if you buy a data plan of $29.99 per month.
    08-11-08 02:15 PM
    The advanced device credit was canceled about a month ago.

8 months into a 2 year contract you are not eligible for any discounts. At 12 months however you should be eligible for annual upgrade and can get the 2 year contract price and any rebates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 02:18 PM
    The advanced device credit was canceled about a month ago.

8 months into a 2 year contract you are not eligible for any discounts. At 12 months however you should be eligible for annual upgrade and can get the 2 year contract price and any rebates.

I think you're wrong... I just got an email last week from VZW wanting me to use the advanced device credit on my wife's phone to upgrade her to a pink pearl.. I even called CS to verifiy pricing...
    08-11-08 02:20 PM
    alot of you are correct but i say this go in and plead a case that his phone cracked on him witch has not been the first case about this and also vz wants to keep you as a coustomer for sure so they miht work with you if you go into the store itself.
    i went into a vz store with a cell that was passed its 30 days and all that and i spoke with tech that fixes the phone and told him what guarentee do i hae that i am going to leave this store happy and not comming back to change yet another phone and long behold the changed me into a curve and didnt have to pay a dimeor a cent so i leave you with this go in and see what you come out with ......
    08-11-08 02:37 PM
    yeah that advance device credit was given to a co worker(unless they lied to me) last month too.

u could always call to cancel your service, and have the retention dept try to work something out*
    08-11-08 06:18 PM
    You need to order by phone, and not online.. VZW reps will let you bargain with them. They have a credit they can give you that they call the "Advanced Device Credit". Its $100.00 off of a BB or PDA phone if you buy a data plan of $29.99 per month.
    Not sure when you got this, but that promotion ended a couple of months ago. give or take
    08-11-08 07:52 PM
    I got an env for my NE2 in Dec. However I got a flyer in the mail that I could upgrade early to a smartphone by the end of July. I ended up doing that for my Curve. They even gave me the NE2 credit again. I sold my env for $180 and got the Curve for $50 plus tax after I price matched the recent price drop. I'm not sure how I qualified for that early upgrade or if something similar can be done now, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I'm sure they like that extra $30/mo for 2 years.

08-11-08 09:16 PM
    If you are the primary line on the account, and have a 2-year contract, you can get a new phone every 12 months. You just do not get the extra $100 for the NE2; you just get the promotion price. In addition, they will extend your contract out by 2 years.
    08-11-08 09:18 PM
    the advanced device credit is long gone. as someone else said, you can get a phone every 12 months if you're the primary line on a FS plan.

you can always add a line to get the phone at the 2 year price. outside of that, you're looking at retail pricing.
    08-11-08 11:54 PM
    Okay well I think I'm going to call up and ask about an early upgrade and if I'm elgible for it then I'm going to do that.

If not, I'll threaten to cancel. If that doesn't work I guess I'm just going to go retail lol.
    08-12-08 08:58 AM
    Okay well I think I'm going to call up and ask about an early upgrade and if I'm elgible for it then I'm going to do that.

If not, I'll threaten to cancel. If that doesn't work I guess I'm just going to go retail lol.
    wich ever way Toddc you wont be sorry for getting a bb.
    and with cb ...its like having freinds that understand you and your device right next to you

so welcome !!!!!
    08-12-08 11:34 AM

holding yourself hostage isnt the best way to get things resolved lol.

as retail customer service for vzw i love to laugh at customers who hold themself hostage.
    08-12-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD