I've noticed that handset prices on VZ's web site are always higher than that of Best Buy or Amazon Wireless. Does VZ do any sort of price matching?

My wife gets a small corporate discount from her work for wireless service, but it seems like they require her to buy and set up all services via a Verizon Wireless link. But that would mean we'd be paying 2x the prices for the devices we want. I'm also curious if I could just call VZ after getting the devices set up at Best Buy and have VZ apply her corporate discount afterwards.
    08-14-12 03:40 PM
    Answer to Question #1: No price matching, since their "deal" prices are offered based off of a contractual commitment.

Side Note: First, with VZW make sure if your name is not the account holder that you sign onto the online portal and add yourself as a Account Manager so they will speak to you on the phone. As long as you are added as that you can call and do whatever you would like [almost anything...]

Now, to Answer to Question #2: You should not be paying 2x the price no matter what you are doing even if you are receiving a discount. There are a few ways of getting a corporate discount applied, but first your eligibility must be checked. It is as simple as just following this form: http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=ygCi1FVj

I'm not quite sure if I answered everything, I was abit confused by your situation in the second part, so if you have any follow up questions feel free to ask

Best of Luck!
    08-15-12 11:01 AM
    I got my 9930 (carrier Verizon) from Best Buy for FREE during their Presidents' Day Sale. I was able to continue my existing grandfathered low monthly calling plan and also, I still get my various corporate discounts. But I would definitely check before jumping as policies could have changed or your/her account might be different.
    08-15-12 12:17 PM
    I got my 9930 (carrier Verizon) from Best Buy for FREE during their Presidents' Day Sale. I was able to continue my existing grandfathered low monthly calling plan and also, I still get my various corporate discounts. But I would definitely check before jumping as policies could have changed or your/her account might be different.
    I finally just decided to switch our plan to the new Share Everything plan on Sunday night because we still have until next Summer before our hardware discounts kicked in, and switching to the newer plans does not alter that eligibility or the length of the obligation.

The only reason I had stayed with Sprint so long: I had completely free 'truly' unlimited never-throttled data from 2005 - 2011 under a grandfathered loyalty plan... So far I have not regretted coming to VZW comparing the two looking back.

My end endpoint is similar to your I believe which is it has gotten to the point that when you switch to a newer plan there is no going back...
    08-15-12 02:18 PM
    I've noticed that handset prices on VZ's web site are always higher than that of Best Buy or Amazon Wireless. Does VZ do any sort of price matching?
    No they dont match competitor pricing unfortunately ;(

My wife gets a small corporate discount from her work for wireless service, but it seems like they require her to buy and set up all services via a Verizon Wireless link. But that would mean we'd be paying 2x the prices for the devices we want. I'm also curious if I could just call VZ after getting the devices set up at Best Buy and have VZ apply her corporate discount afterwards.
    The discount has nothing to do with where you actually buy the phone.

I gather you are a new customer, so once service is signed up for have her visit a corporate store with a recent pay stub, employee ID badge, etc and they will add the discount to her account. Takes 5 minutes.
    08-23-12 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD