Hello,

I bought a Storm 2 about 10 days ago and have been having some problems with the screen. I called in to Verizon tech support and the rep tried everything she could think of to get the phone to function properly (soft reset to a total memory wipe). She is sending me out a new phone.

My question is this. She said to keep the new box and everything she was sending out and for me to return the old phone and old box. I sent my rebate in already for the phone. Will this cause a problem returning the device? I was just going to put my phone in the new box and send it back (because I already have everything she is send except a functioning phone).

Thanks for the assistance!
    04-27-10 09:27 PM
    I would just do whatever she said to do to be safe.
    04-27-10 09:46 PM
    No it won't be a problem. Just do what she told you. There will also be directions when you get your new phone. They are aware of this and it is not a problem.
    04-27-10 10:18 PM
    Nope. I did mine in the store and I had the trackball get dirty and couldn't clean it so I got a NIB Tour under warranty. When I returned the old box I had the cutout for the rebate. They didn't care.
    04-28-10 02:34 AM
    Very cool! Thank you for your replies!

I was going to send the old box, I just wanted to make sure that was the correct thing to do (it very hurts to double check!)...
    04-28-10 07:43 AM
    They would have given you other instructions otherwise.
    04-28-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD