I think I want to try out a BB. I messed with them in the store and seem to really like the Storm. My contract has another year before I can upgrade so I can not get anything till then. I figure I can get a used one and get the data plan. By the time I can upgrade the Storm 2 should be out and hopefully they can work out any bugs. I wanted to post a WTB in the marketplace section but it wont let me till I have 100 posts. What should I expect to pay for a nice used Storm? Im trying to locate one for around $100 or so
    09-08-09 07:53 PM
    You could probably get your hands on a pearl for 100 or so Curve for 150-200 but a storm will be around 250-300... check your local craigslist... but check the esn before you buy anything.
    09-08-09 08:16 PM
    You could probably get your hands on a pearl for 100 or so Curve for 150-200 but a storm will be around 250-300... check your local craigslist... but check the esn before you buy anything.
    OK, What am I looking for as far as the ESN? Stolen?
    I posted on CL and just had a guy that wants to even up trade me for my Dare.
    09-08-09 08:27 PM
    You're not eligible for the "annual upgrade"? You might be able to pick up a Storm for $150 or less...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:01 PM
    Heres the deal.
    The guy who contacted me from CL has a Storm and wants to trade even up for my/a Dare. He said we can meet at the Verizon store and switch everything over right there. So I am confident its not stolen because he is still using it and wants to go to the Verizon store.

NOW, My nephew just switched to Tmobile and has a 1 month old Dare that he will sell me for $80. So the Storm will , technically, cost me $80 and I will still have my Dare if I decide I dont like the BB Storm.

QUESTION:
    If I get this Storm. I just add the $29.99 Data plan to my existing plan? I just got the $15 VCast (which I will not need anymore) can I cancel it?
    If after a month or so I do not like the BB or it craps out....Can I cancel the BB Data plan and go back to my original dumb phone plan and re-activate the Dare?
    I have a year left on my original dumb phone plan.

Sorry for all the Q's
    Last edited by brihvac; 09-08-09 at 09:10 PM.
    09-08-09 09:07 PM
    I have a friend that has a brand new storm in the box. I believe he wants 300 for it. PM me if you would like a more exact price.

09-08-09 09:08 PM
    Any Verizon Reps that can help me out with my questions? If you dont want to publically answer them please PM me. I want to be fully informed before I do anything.
    09-08-09 09:51 PM
    I am not a rep and don't work for Verizon but I think this is how it works. It may be better to wait for a real rep or call CS and ask but here you go. I am probably wrong on at least some of this so don't take it as their policy.

Yes all you have to do is add BB data plan to your existing plan as long as it is compatible with a BB. I have Nationwide Select and it works.
    Yes you can re activate your dare and cancel BB plan but I think you would have to wait 30 days. I think there are a limit to the amounts of changes in one billing period.

Like I said I don't know for sure because I am not a rep and if someone answered before I am done typing I apologize for any incorrect info.
    09-08-09 10:01 PM
    The data plan will be auto-added, the VCast will be auto removed, and you can switch back to an old phone and the appropriate features will be re-added. That's what a VZW rep told me.

09-09-09 07:48 AM
    Heres the deal.
    The guy who contacted me from CL has a Storm and wants to trade even up for my/a Dare. He said we can meet at the Verizon store and switch everything over right there. So I am confident its not stolen because he is still using it and wants to go to the Verizon store.

NOW, My nephew just switched to Tmobile and has a 1 month old Dare that he will sell me for $80. So the Storm will , technically, cost me $80 and I will still have my Dare if I decide I dont like the BB Storm.

QUESTION:
    If I get this Storm. I just add the $29.99 Data plan to my existing plan? I just got the $15 VCast (which I will not need anymore) can I cancel it?
    If after a month or so I do not like the BB or it craps out....Can I cancel the BB Data plan and go back to my original dumb phone plan and re-activate the Dare?
    I have a year left on my original dumb phone plan.

Sorry for all the Q's
    Any Verizon reps that can answer these for me??
    09-09-09 10:42 AM
    If he says its legit and wants to go into a store then I would say do it. You don't know what kind of issues it could have though. You can indeed add the 29.99 plan and it would automatically drop the VCast. And yes at any time you can go back to the old phone.
    09-09-09 10:54 AM
    I'm going to let this thread stand, but I changed the title because it looked too much like one of our Market Place ads. HOWEVER since the OP is aware of the rule and this post is NOT an actual WTB ad, I will let it stand.
    09-09-09 11:34 AM
    I had the vcast plan on my voyager and backup asst which is $20 a month. Ijust bought my storm so Im only paying a $10 difference. Make sure you do back ups on the regular as to not lose your contacts.
    09-09-09 01:40 PM
    20$ a month for vcast and backup assitant?
    09-09-09 02:13 PM
    Is the $29.99 BB data plan unlimited? A guy today told me that unlimited is $45 a month and that the $29.99 plan is not unlimited.
    I also get a 18% discount through work. Will this also appy to the data plan?
    Last edited by brihvac; 09-09-09 at 04:14 PM.
    09-09-09 04:11 PM
    That guy lied. 29.99 is unlimited.
    09-09-09 04:12 PM
    That guy lied. 29.99 is unlimited.
    Thanks, you have helped me a lot. I thought he was wrong
    I have another stupid question. What is the differance between the Storm 9500 and the 9530? Is one better than the other?
    Last edited by brihvac; 09-09-09 at 04:27 PM.
    09-09-09 04:17 PM
    do yourself a favor and dot buy one
    09-16-09 11:16 AM
    do yourself a favor and dot buy one
    Do yourself a favor you troll and stop posting, I see you are new so maybe you should make your way over to where the rules are posted and have a quick read.
    09-16-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD