1) Does it really only apply to the non-camera one...? That seems silly. I really need a camera in my phone

2) Do I need to buy two lines? I only want the two phones, not an additional line. I'm planning on becoming a new customer with a 2 yr contract

Thanks!
    06-10-10 10:40 AM
    no, it applies to the regular one as well. they offered me the second one free when i bought my 9650 with camera. and i believe you do need to activate both phones to receive the deal.
    06-10-10 10:41 AM
    I've been in to the Verizon store more than I can tell you about this new phone. They know me by name now, it's a bit sad.

But the camera one DOES apply and you definitely have to activate the phone on two lines, on the same plan. My dad and I are going in today together because he's on a business plan on I'm on my family plan but he' got two phone lines on his business plan. So what we have to do is go in, activate the two phones on his business plan then wait 24 hours and switch the phone to my number on the family plan. It's kind of confusing but they explained that you have to activate it on two phones because that's how they make their money. My mom told me when I'm little and it will always apply, nothing in life is free. Gotta love retail.
    06-10-10 11:20 AM
    I just talked to the local Verizon kiosk about the BOGO deal, and they said equal or lesser value. So we could get an S2 and 9650 for the price of one.
    07-22-10 10:23 AM
    I've been in to the Verizon store more than I can tell you about this new phone. They know me by name now, it's a bit sad.

But the camera one DOES apply and you definitely have to activate the phone on two lines, on the same plan. My dad and I are going in today together because he's on a business plan on I'm on my family plan but he' got two phone lines on his business plan. So what we have to do is go in, activate the two phones on his business plan then wait 24 hours and switch the phone to my number on the family plan. It's kind of confusing but they explained that you have to activate it on two phones because that's how they make their money. My mom told me when I'm little and it will always apply, nothing in life is free. Gotta love retail.
    You don't have to wait 24 hours. Once you have accepted the terms of the contract you can add the phone to any line you want. All they want is the confirmation of the contract extension. But if they make you do it in the store, just have them switch over for you to your line or do it at home. And yes, companies like VZW are in business to make money, even free phones make them money because now you have a phone that requires a 30 data plan for at least 2 years. I'm sure if you had a business you'd want it to make money too.
    07-22-10 12:08 PM

You don't have to activate both the phones, just extend 2 lines of contract. I just had a family member extend their contract cause they don't even update their phone ever & now I have 2 Bold's. Don't need insurance now... LOL.
    07-22-10 10:40 PM
    If you are only getting 1 line, you are not eligible for the buy one get one. There have to be 2 contracts to get 2 phones.

What is the logic in wanting 2 phones for 1 number and why do people even think they just get a free phone with no contract? Its a device that plays music, texts, makes calls, surfs the web and does so many other things. Why would you think something like that would be offered for free with absolutely no contract?

Thats probably the thing that irritates me the most about our customers. Their response to what i just said is usually "oh thats the catch" How is that a "catch?" Why do you think you can just get a 500 dollar device for totally free? That makes no sense at all.
    07-23-10 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD