Okay, so I'm one of those people who has a Tour but wants to upgrade to the Droid. I am in a family plan and am not the primary line. Both my sister and my mother (also secondary lines) are available for upgrades. My mother has absolutely no interest in upgrading her phone.

My question is if I were to use her "upgrade" to get the droid at 2year pricing, would her line then be charged an extra 30 dollar data fee despite the fact that I would be using the Droid on my line while she continued to use her dumb phone?

My next question is if I were to have my sister to use her upgrade and get the droid would I be able to switch my Tour to her line and the Droid to mine?

Also, if I use my mother's upgrade to get the droid, can I then take my tour and sell it on ebay without any fees from verizon?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 12:15 AM
    Okay, so I'm one of those people who has a Tour but wants to upgrade to the Droid. I am in a family plan and am not the primary line. Both my sister and my mother (also secondary lines) are available for upgrades. My mother has absolutely no interest in upgrading her phone.

My question is if I were to use her "upgrade" to get the droid at 2year pricing, would her line then be charged an extra 30 dollar data fee despite the fact that I would be using the Droid on my line while she continued to use her dumb phone?

My next question is if I were to have my sister to use her upgrade and get the droid would I be able to switch my Tour to her line and the Droid to mine?

Also, if I use my mother's upgrade to get the droid, can I then take my tour and sell it on ebay without any fees from verizon?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes you can use her upgrade and once you move the phone from her line she will not pay the data fee. You can do an ESN swap to her sisters phone, she will then need the data plan. You can do what you want with the phone, the Tour, as it is your phone there is no fee. Unless you cancel a line, that's an Early Termination Fee, but you didnt ask that just wanted to clarify.
    11-03-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD