I will be eligible for annual upgrade on 11/04/2009, contract end date is 2/27/2010, NE2 on 7/04/2010. What are the chances of them bumping up my NE2 so I can use it on my contract end date?
    09-24-09 10:38 AM
    Interesting. You must have gotten a multi exchange.
    Probobly not; ccare and supervisors/stores dont generally bump it enless its a month or less away.
    Worth a call though. They wont do it until right before though.
    09-24-09 12:02 PM
    I had an enV that they replaced 5 or six times cause it constantly reset itself. Finally tried a Krave (boy was that a mistake), then got the Voyager as a free replacement. Then I discovered Blackberry's and paid retail for my 8330. Still like the 8330, debating upgrading to the Storm 2 when released, or maybe going back to a dumb phone such as the Rogue to save some $$$. Hate having to pay $30 for the BIS.
    09-24-09 01:30 PM
    Not sure if they advised you but when you do an exchange like that they move your NE2 date up 20mo. Because basically they are doing another upgrade for you; generally the NE2 date is 20mo after you upgrade ie 4mo prior to end of your contract. Thats why your NE2 is after your contract is up.
    There are ways to get around it but they are technically fraud and you wouldnt be able to keep your number.
    09-24-09 01:46 PM
    The answer is going to change with every rep you talk to.... I hate saying that but its true. It all depends on the reps position of thought. Some are bent on not giving anything away, some lean towards the customer and give away too much and then some are in between. I'm in between, since its your contract end date you could terminate tomorrow. I think thats worth something extra. I probably wouldnt give you $100 but I think $50 is definitely possible.
    09-24-09 02:25 PM
    hear hear... I'd probobly research the account and deam it eligible or ineligible that way. And also based on the attitude of the call.
    09-24-09 03:07 PM
    It may not even be an issue, I may just use the annual upgrade. Gotta wait and see if the new storm is "user friendly". Also like the Rogue and would save on data plan. Attitude of the caller? You mean there are some out there that are less the pleasant and friendly? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 04:32 PM
    Naw, EVERYONE is cordial and respectful..
    *cough*

09-24-09 04:48 PM
    I don't give anywhere. You aint eligible you aint upgrading.

09-24-09 07:23 PM

ha ha ha, you said exactly what i was thinking.

All "going the extra mile" does is put that mindset in the customers head that if they complain enough they will get their way. When people threaten to cancel over something stupid i ask "do you want me to go ahead and terminate it now?"
    09-26-09 05:02 PM

Thank you I almost NEVER allow anyone to upgrade early unless they are eligible for an early upgrade, i dont care if your date is tomrrow, wait until tomorrow. I really hate the people that come in...
    "my upgrade date is in 2 days, but im just looking to do it now. it shouldnt be a problem."
    the next word out of my mouth is "no."
    "oh, i will just call customer service then. they will change my upgrade date."
    "ok, then they will also ship your phone. you are not getting a phone here."

kind of rude of me but i dont care, you know when your eligible, so wait the extra 2 days.

sorry, lots of annoying white trash customers today, needed to vent
    09-26-09 10:07 PM
    Thank you I almost NEVER allow anyone to upgrade early unless they are eligible for an early upgrade, i dont care if your date is tomrrow, wait until tomorrow. I really hate the people that come in...
    "my upgrade date is in 2 days, but im just looking to do it now. it shouldnt be a problem."
    the next word out of my mouth is "no."
    "oh, i will just call customer service then. they will change my upgrade date."
    "ok, then they will also ship your phone. you are not getting a phone here."

kind of rude of me but i dont care, you know when your eligible, so wait the extra 2 days.

sorry, lots of annoying white trash customers today, needed to vent
    shoot...you and me both. I had some scumbag for 40 minutes because he wanted to reactivate his W315 that looked like it was ran through a wood chipper. "why is full retail so much?" me: Because thats how much it costs. I want to ask these people if they go to Jewel and complain about the price of CoCo puffs too.
    09-27-09 12:32 PM
    I will be eligible for annual upgrade on 11/04/2009, contract end date is 2/27/2010, NE2 on 7/04/2010. What are the chances of them bumping up my NE2 so I can use it on my contract end date?

Somewhere between Slim and None and Slim just got hit by a bus.
    09-28-09 07:11 PM
    I want to ask these people if they go to Jewel and complain about the price of CoCo puffs too.
    All Jewel has to do is start singing - I suddenly have nothing to complain about.

09-28-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD