How does verizon charge for BB unlimited intl data plan? Can you add it when you travel or do they lock you up for a 1 yr commitment like ATT? just curious as I'm ready to get rid of my curve for tour when it comes out. Thanks.
    06-01-09 05:51 AM
    The Plan is approx $65.00/month and is pro-rated. Used for 3 weeks, pay for 3 weeks. It replaces the BIS $30 plan for the time it is in effect so, in fact the additional is about $35/month. Calls in most of western Europe appear to be $0.99/minute including back to the US.

I guess for calls and data is is $69/month, I think.

There is a thread on using the BB in Italy which has a pretty good discussion. I think it is in this subforum
    06-01-09 09:06 AM
    Voice and data rates vary by country but the plan is $64.99 a month. For more info call customer care and ask for the global support team they have the best info when it comes to VZW's global rates.
    06-01-09 09:17 AM
    That pretty expensive. I dont think they lock you in like att!
    06-02-09 11:00 AM
    They do not lock you in. I just called them as I will be in England and Scotland next month and the $69 rate gets divided by 30 days and then multiplied by how ever many days you are over there. They also confirmed .99 cents a minute. The one thing i forgot to ask was what about verizon to verizon minutes or friends and family? does any of that count? Thanks.
    06-02-09 08:21 PM
    true. they do not lock you in anything. you can change your calling plan and features at any time except of course getting rid of certain features which are required. but changing features to the global feature, you can go back to the regular one as soon as you get back. dont forget about it though.
    06-02-09 08:23 PM
    Well, again, it really is only $30-$40 a month extra since they suspend your normal BB-data costs (BIS is $30/month) then divide by 30 days. This is for unlimited data. Phone calls are definitely not cheap so email and use the phone sparingly.
    06-02-09 08:26 PM
    Depending on the country you are going to there is the 68.98 plan this includes the unlim data and the call value plan. This can reduce rate per minute for calls.
    06-02-09 08:28 PM