So i had got a new blackberry a while ago because mine messed up, and my brothers ended up messing up a few weeks later so he got a new one aswell.

i had the phones sitting in my room for about a month and forgot about them, they were returned a week ago, but the charges for the phones seem to have stayed. How long will it take for them to go away/WILL they even take it off?

Because i am NOT going to pay this :

Total Amount Due

$1,051.04
    Last edited by Enriqueftw; 05-31-09 at 06:15 PM.
    05-26-09 03:43 AM
    After 30 days, they are yours - unless VZW agrees to take them back.

And once they are yours, you owe 100% of the money. If you don't pay, no phone service and a heavy hit on your credit - plus never again having VZW service until the amount is paid.
    05-26-09 04:06 AM
    You may be stuck paying for them. Usually in an exchange there is a term of how long they'll give you to return the devices or they will charge you full price for the new ones. Sorry about your luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 04:08 AM
    I did this once. I ended up calling 611 and letting them know what had happened. They agreed to let me still send them back, however I had to pay the bill and they would refund me the money once they got them back. It took 2 billing cycles for me to get my money back.
    05-26-09 04:21 AM
    I had this happen a few months back. I just forgot to send it back. I called 611 and talked to someone about the situation. I sent the phone back but I was just told to pay the regular service fee not the phone. So I didn't have to go through all that "money back" stuff.

I suggest, if you haven't done so, to just call and talk to them !

05-26-09 04:30 AM
    Well when i called and ordered my brothers the next week, i told him that i had not sent mine back yet and he said "Aslong as you send them back, you wont get charged for them."

he said nothing about 30 days...
    But ill call i guess.
    thanks
    05-26-09 04:43 AM
    Ahh sucks... if you stucked that situation.. then selling them on ebay or cl.. Good luck!
    05-26-09 10:29 AM
    It says on the paper with the replacement the amount of time you have to return it. One of my replacements had to be back in 10 days. The other said 30.

05-26-09 10:53 AM
    I did the same thing once. I called Verizon and told them I was sending the phone back and they said it wont be a problem. The charges stayed on until they received the phone. Make sure you get the tracking number. Call customer service and give them the number and all should be good. You shouldnt have to go through the money back situation either.
    05-26-09 02:26 PM
    So, I called 611 and told them i had returned them, and she said it did show up in the system and that My Verizon would be updated to show that in 7 days or so.

So with anyone else with the same question: NO, THEY ARE NOT YOURS AFTER 30 DAYS LIKE THE GUY THAT FIRST POSTED HERE. Aslong as you return them, doesnt matter how long, you will not be charged.
    05-27-09 08:59 PM
    So, I called 611 and told them i had returned them, and she said it did show up in the system and that My Verizon would be updated to show that in 7 days or so.

So with anyone else with the same question: NO, THEY ARE NOT YOURS AFTER 30 DAYS LIKE THE GUY THAT FIRST POSTED HERE. Aslong as you return them, doesnt matter how long, you will not be charged.

well this can be true or false..

truth is after the date supplied they don't have to. It would be mean if they didn't take them back but there not forced to. They want you to keep service with them so its in there better interest to take them back..

but still if you get the wrong person you never know
    05-27-09 09:52 PM
    I specifically asked her about the 30 days, and she said that it was not true.
    Her exact words were
    "No, thats not true. We do want them within a month, but in the end we just want the phones back so it doesnt matter how long it takes."
    05-28-09 04:14 AM
    This seems to me like a warranty exchange not a new device. You have 10 days to send the broken phone back. Otherwise you are charged full retail for the unreturned device. Once you return the device you will see the adjustment on your bill...that is once we receive it and can input it in our system.

05-28-09 11:47 AM
    Her exact words were
    "No, thats not true. We do want them within a month, but in the end we just want the phones back so it doesnt matter how long it takes."
    Eeh... I don't know who you talked to, but policy is policy. If you do not return your phone within 30 days of activation, you have basically agreed to the T&Cs stating that they are now yours and you are bound to the contract. Now, if you're having actual phone issues, warranty issues, etc. sometimes they'll extend it a few days, but you can't just return your phone after 2 months and expect to get out of it.
    05-31-09 11:54 AM
    Her exact words were
    Yeah this isn't true. If you tried to disconnect lines with me on the 31st day unless you had a good reason I wouldn't waive your fees or anything.

Also, I don't know why you think you saying you're not going to pay it is funny or something. I mean, Verizon will get their money. They just send it to a collection agency, pay a small % and then the collection agency pays Verizon and collects from you. It gets reported to your credit report and if you ever want a cell phone enjoy the deposits.
    05-31-09 05:46 PM
    Then i guess its good i didint talk to you (:
    The fact is, i had forgot about the phones, and had them returned as soon as i came across them.
    Not all people are dicks to the costumers because of simple mistakes
    05-31-09 06:17 PM
    How is you forgetting about the phones Verizons fault?
    05-31-09 06:26 PM
    please explain where in my post i said it was verizons fault?
    05-31-09 07:22 PM
    no if after 30 days u have not sent us the phones back then your screwed...we shouldnt have to give you more were already offering you 1 month to try them out and if you dont like them then make sure u send them back BEFORE the 30 days
    05-31-09 07:28 PM
    please explain where in my post i said it was verizons fault?
    No but your post implied that if Verizon would have said no to returning the devices that person would have been a "****."
    05-31-09 07:40 PM
    If my old brain cells serve me right, did not the 30 days use to be 15 days?
    05-31-09 07:52 PM
    No, Im not saying they would have been a ****. but stuff happens, people forget things. And she clearly understood that.

I don't know why we're still on this. the phones were returned and its done with!
    jeez.
    get over it.
    05-31-09 08:06 PM
    I'm pretty sure the situation must be that he had a warranty replacement. Enriqueftw, was it that you still have your phones and service and they sent you working phones to replace the ones you had and you just had to ship the old ones back and forgot? Usually they're VERY lenient about that. Yes, they'll charge the cost of the phones to your bill if you don't return them, but if you send them in later they usually credit you back (I don't know what the timeframe is on that... they usually charge you for the phones after about 3 weeks but I've seen it credited as long as 5 months afterwards cuz the customer found it).
    06-02-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD