We upgraded two of our four lines on Oct 9.. We got one blackberry tour and a touch pro for free (mine).. We got these in a corporate store..

I am unhappy with the touch pro and would like an imagio or tp2..

The problem is that the store's display touch pro didnt work so i could not try it out. therefore i believe i should not have to pay the 35 restock fee.. does that sound fair?

also... Will they let me keep the touch pro until the imagio or tp2 comes in? the phone i am replacing was broke and I do not have any other phone to use in the mean time.
    10-23-09 06:37 PM
    As for the restocking fee, since it is listed and printed, i dont think your getting around that one.

as for keeping it til the imagio is available, probably only if it is under 30 days return period, or unless the manager is feeling nice.
    10-23-09 06:40 PM
    The problem is that the store's display touch pro didnt work so i could not try it out. therefore i believe i should not have to pay the 35 restock fee.. does that sound fair?
    No - display availability does not affect fees - if it did, there would be no restock on online orders. .

also... Will they let me keep the touch pro until the imagio or tp2 comes in? the phone i am replacing was broke and I do not have any other phone to use in the mean time.
    Maybe - but the TP2 is still out of stock - which could take it out beyond the 30 days - and the Imagio is touchscreen only.

If you'd ordered online, you'd get the new phone, then return the old - the Imagio should be in stores now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 06:47 PM
    No - display availability does not affect fees - if it did, there would be no restock on online orders. .

Maybe - but the TP2 is still out of stock - which could take it out beyond the 30 days - and the Imagio is touchscreen only.

If you'd ordered online, you'd get the new phone, then return the old - the Imagio should be in stores now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So, I called *611 and the store..

611 says I have to return to the store..

Store says I have to turn in the tp before i can order the new phone..
    10-23-09 07:02 PM
    So, I called *611 and the store..

611 says I have to return to the store..

Store says I have to turn in the tp before i can order the new phone..
    Yea, that is correct. If the phone didnt work when you tried it....why did you buy it? Do you usually set yourself up for disaster?
    10-23-09 07:20 PM
    And furthermore, remember all of those long slips of thermal paper the corp rep gave you? You know, the ones that were generated after the rep said "ok, now you're signing on for the 2 yr contract", etc? The restocking fee is on there.

I agree with the previous post: why in the world would you get a phone that you didn't test first?
    10-23-09 07:50 PM
    And furthermore, remember all of those long slips of thermal paper the corp rep gave you? You know, the ones that were generated after the rep said "ok, now you're signing on for the 2 yr contract", etc? The restocking fee is on there.

I agree with the previous post: why in the world would you get a phone that you didn't test first?
    i am not worried about the 2 yr contract.. you do not have any relevant info then stay out..

nor do i care about the 35 bux.. bigger question was about how to get the phone..
    10-23-09 08:52 PM
    i am not worried about the 2 yr contract.. you do not have any relevant info then stay out..

nor do i care about the 35 bux.. bigger question was about how to get the phone..
    well, arent we sensitive?

Your question was already answered, you have to return the phone, then if you want to get the tp2, or imagio, make sure you play with them first, then either get them online, or pick it up at the store.

Relevant enough?
    10-23-09 09:05 PM
    well, arent we sensitive?

Your question was already answered, you have to return the phone, then if you want to get the tp2, or imagio, make sure you play with them first, then either get them online, or pick it up at the store.

Relevant enough?
    perfect.. thanks..
    10-23-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD