so I am purchasing at full retail.

My question is do the people in the store get a perk still for selling a full retail device if not I may just preorder when its available..

but the people at my store have been very helpful and if it makes one of them money to sell it I would rather let them get it..
    06-30-09 03:50 PM
    They get nothing. Buy some accessories and that will help them though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 04:12 PM
    Yeah they don't get anything.
    06-30-09 04:57 PM
    They get a paycheck, don't they?

Everytime you buy from a local store, you're helping to keep a local soul employed. Now, if your feelings about VZW stores match mine, you may or may not care to do this. But you get the idea.

06-30-09 05:01 PM
    I second Twins's post.
    I will never buy in-store again
    06-30-09 05:53 PM
    I third it. Way too many like a certain poster here. Won't mention name but initials are SP.

Seem to be too arrogant or sleazy or incompetent or a combination of the three. It really looks like other carriers do a much better job of choosing and training bodies to suck oxygen in the stores. Over the years I have had several problems with verizon and all had their root in store personnel. All but two were fixed before full explanation by a 611 type reading the notes. The last two were fixed after explanation because the store didn't note in one case and the other made no sense

06-30-09 06:18 PM
    Purchasing a phone at full retail only hurts everything for the rep. Nothing good comes out of it.
    06-30-09 06:34 PM
    if you buy at full retail ask for a csr or a tech. sales reps have kpi's that they are required to hit on a regular basis to keep their jobs...and their paychecks.
    06-30-09 08:54 PM
    I third it. Way too many like a certain poster here. Won't mention name but initials are SP.

Seem to be too arrogant or sleazy or incompetent or a combination of the three. It really looks like other carriers do a much better job of choosing and training bodies to suck oxygen in the stores. Over the years I have had several problems with verizon and all had their root in store personnel. All but two were fixed before full explanation by a 611 type reading the notes. The last two were fixed after explanation because the store didn't note in one case and the other made no sense

I hate it for you guys. I will be going to my local Verizon store and seeing a guy named Trance. He has done nothing but provide excellent service for me since I bought a Voyager at his store 2 years ago. And no I am not special I have seen him treat every customer as well as he treats me. I hope he is working on the 12th
    06-30-09 09:26 PM
    Crap, really? I had a pretty good experience with a certain rep in the local shop and asked him if it would help him out if I came in and bought it from him. He knows I'm buying off plan as we had discussed it right before I asked this. He said it would help him out and he would appreciate it but that I was welcome to call in and order it as well. He was a nice guy and gave me a lot of good info that was backed up by everything I've read here over the last few weeks.

I'd hate to think he was lying to me but there's no question that I didn't plan to re-up my contract as I would wait for the Storm II and see if I wanted the bigger screen whenever it came out. I just need to pick up a BB relatively soon as my corporate situation has changed to requiring it so I figured I'd buy the Tour off plan and save my upgrade/reup for the Storm II whenever it hit. My NE2 is September I believe and I think they're good for a while. Figured that was plenty of time for the next Storm?

Are you guys positive they get nothing out of a full price/non-upgrade purchase?
    06-30-09 09:39 PM
    You can find good people if you look hard enough. Out of probably hundreds of VZW store people in this area, I have found one who doesn't remind me of the stereotypical used-car salesman. Problem is, Jesse works at the corp store @ Arizona Mills Mall. This is a two-fold issue. One, it is in a mall. I hate malls. Two, said mall is right at 43 miles from my home.

So yes, you can find nice ones. But trying to find a second one can be daunting.

06-30-09 10:39 PM
    Yeah, the old manager was awesome at my closes corp store but he got promoted over to a store on the coast. Still talk with him now and then about WinMo stuff. He's a big WinMo guy and was helpful years ago when I was first getting into smart phones.

Took about 10 trips in asking PDA questions in the last couple years before someone turned me on to a guy in the same store who's a member here somewhere. He answered all my BB questions and referred me here for additional stuff that I wanted to do with the new phone that I do with my 6800 now.

Good guy, really helpful but the store is a 35-45 minute commute for me to get to. =p I'd much rather order online obviously but I'd like to pay this guy back if I can for his help. If he's really not getting anything out of it, I'd rather just order and wait for it to show up at work.
    06-30-09 10:44 PM
    Full retail phones pay nothing for a rep. Unless your coming from a dumb phone, then they get the days revenue, be prepared to be hard sold on a ton of accessories. That helps the reps a lot, and softens the blow of a full retail phone some.

07-01-09 12:06 AM
    Full retail phones pay nothing for a rep. Unless your coming from a dumb phone, then they get the days revenue, be prepared to be hard sold on a ton of accessories. That helps the reps a lot, and softens the blow of a full retail phone some.

well do to the fact that I need a few accessories anyway this wont be a issue..

I would like to get the phone on the 12th but if not ohh well.. I can always just go get accessories from the store..
    07-01-09 12:27 AM
    Eeh nevermind.
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 07-01-09 at 02:58 PM. Reason: NVM
    07-01-09 02:54 PM
    Out of the 3 vzw stores where I live there is 1 store that I like dealing with and never get anything but the best service from them.

07-01-09 03:12 PM
    well do to the fact that I need a few accessories anyway this wont be a issue..

I would like to get the phone on the 12th but if not ohh well.. I can always just go get accessories from the store..
    Wait - you actually want the accessories on that day, too? You are expecting a lot, aren't you?

My experience is that they have limited accessories at device launch - its almost like the market planners forgot the extras in their drive to get the phone out there first.

07-01-09 04:19 PM
    Wait - you actually want the accessories on that day, too? You are expecting a lot, aren't you?

My experience is that they have limited accessories at device launch - its almost like the market planners forgot the extras in their drive to get the phone out there first.

Oh god I hate this... It's always at least a month before we get any good accessories for the phones *hack cough cases*.
    07-01-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD