I plan on pre-ordering the Tour once that option becomes available, but I will need to upgrade my plan to a blackberry compatible one. Right now, I have a the 450 minute plan, but I would like to add BIS service. Is that something I can do online when ordering the phone?

Also, I get a small company discount on my plan. Does that renew automatically or do I have to do something to have that apply to my new plan? I no longer work for the company, so I can't respond to any confirmation emails or anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    06-29-09 09:51 AM
    umm you will probably lose your discount, and as far as adding the BIS wait until you order the phone, most of the time either adds automatically or adds when new phone is activated
    06-29-09 09:56 AM
    Yes you can order the plan when you activate the phone. No reason before that.

If you no longer work for the company that got you a discount, why would you expect to keep it. Does this sound right and or moral to you?
    06-29-09 05:16 PM
    If you no longer work for the company that got you a discount, why would you expect to keep it. Does this sound right and or moral to you?
    Because it is free?
    06-29-09 05:31 PM
    If you want to keep the discount, buy the phone in store. Verizon doesn't have time to keep tabs on your work history.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 05:35 PM
    Same account, discount usually stays.

New account, discount usually must be reverified.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 05:57 PM
    You could lose the discount, but probably not. The BB plan will get added automatically when you start adding the BB. The system will prompt you to pick either the $30 BIS (probably the one you want) or the $ 44 BES plan (you only need this if your work has a BB server).
    06-29-09 07:35 PM
    You won't lose the discount, BIS you can add at ordering.
    06-29-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD