Ok, I have a question regarding the USB modems that Verizon Wireless offers on their website. My question is regarding the bandwidth alloted on their plans.
    Ok, I understand there are 2 options, 250MB/month and 5GB/month. Is the amount of information that I can DOWNLOAD or STREAM or what.

Reason I ask is lets say that I order a USB modem, and I decide to watch a streaming movie or show on say HULU or netflix, it seems that this bandwidth isn't near enough to do that more than say a couple to three or maybe four times in a month before the 5GB is up!!

Is DOWNLOADING considered differently from STREAMING??????? Is there somewhere where I can see how much data is actually downloaded when I watch a show say 1hr long on HULU or Netflix???? Thanks.
    10-21-09 02:17 AM
    Those amounts are not bandwidth they are USAGE limit amounts.
    The best option for regular usage is the 5g limit.
    Data Services: Mobile Broadband

This is your bandwidth... straight from the verizon website

oh and I dont recommend hulu or youtube on a regular basis with the cards... you WILL see overages...
    Keep in mind ( apologize if you knew this. )
    1024 KB in a MB and 1024MB in a GB
    Streaming is consistently downloading. So you are using KB/MB/GB as the streaming happens... thats why its not recommended.
    Last edited by heather.law; 10-21-09 at 03:08 AM.
    10-21-09 03:06 AM
    > Is there somewhere where I can see how much data is actually downloaded when I watch a show say 1hr long on HULU or Netflix????

Some carriers provide this within their own connection manager software. If Verizon dont, you would need to find a third party application.
    10-21-09 04:29 AM
    Everytime you log on to the program, it would tell you how much you have used up to the current day.
    10-21-09 08:50 AM
    I seem to remember a program called DU Meter that will log this for you as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 09:23 AM
    VZAM, has it on the front page also, while your online
    10-21-09 10:23 AM
    And myverizon is behind 24 hours on your usage log confirm or deny?
    10-21-09 10:25 AM
    Confirm I think... I know it doesn't reset itself at the beginning of the bill cycle right away. I get freaked out calls on that all the time.
    It generally seems to not match what I have in the billing system

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD