I am currently awaiting the arrival of a warranty replacement of my Storm 2. In the very near future I'm going to be terminating service with Verizon as I can no longer afford it. I decided not to port my number out this time, so I will have to call Verizon to terminate service. My question is: how long after terminating will the ESN and PIN number be available for someone else to use? I have a cousin who is interested in buying the S2, which will pay my ETF...so it's win/win. So do I have to wait a certain amount of time..or is it available immediately? Thanks.
    04-04-10 11:07 AM
    On average I believe anywhere from 10 minutes to 48 hours...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 11:24 AM
    I am currently awaiting the arrival of a warranty replacement of my Storm 2. In the very near future I'm going to be terminating service with Verizon as I can no longer afford it. I decided not to port my number out this time, so I will have to call Verizon to terminate service. My question is: how long after terminating will the ESN and PIN number be available for someone else to use? I have a cousin who is interested in buying the S2, which will pay my ETF...so it's win/win. So do I have to wait a certain amount of time..or is it available immediately? Thanks.
    The ESN is cleared on the next bill cycle date.
    04-04-10 12:17 PM
    As soon as you shut off the phone it clear as long as you pay the ETF. Esn and pin follow the device.

04-04-10 01:41 PM
    It will be clear on the day after of your bill cycle. I know because I did just this.

04-04-10 03:36 PM
    Actually, your smoothest bet would be an Assumption of Liability. That way, your buddy gets the phone and service instantaneously, nobody pays an ETF, and you're not killing any care-rep's stats.

Call up VZW and say you're releasing your line for another person to take, and give the name. (They can change the number afterward if they want to.) Then the person just has to call in, say they want your account, and they get it, assuming they pass the credit check. They get the remainder of your contract, as well as any impending upgrades. (They may want to pick a new calling plan. Bill cycle day may change.)
    Last edited by Polychrome; 04-04-10 at 05:10 PM.
    04-04-10 05:06 PM
    i would do an aol as well just have hime take over the account that would probably be the easiest everything will turn over to his name...
    04-04-10 05:10 PM
    Actually, your smoothest bet would be an Assumption of Liability. That way, your buddy gets the phone and service instantaneously, nobody pays an ETF, and you're not killing any care-rep's stats.

Call up VZW and say you're releasing your line for another person to take, and give the name. (They can change the number afterward if they want to.) Then the person just has to call in, say they want your account, and they get it, assuming they pass the credit check. They get the remainder of your contract, as well as any impending upgrades. (They may want to pick a new calling plan. Bill cycle day may change.)
    That's actually not a bad idea. Only issue is that the person who is interested in my S2 already has Verizon service. That may still be a possibility though. If my cousin flakes...I COULD find someone who wants to start service up..
    04-05-10 12:02 AM
    No issue with them already having Verizon. I just did an assumption of liability. Easy and the phone shows up on my bill. I can now terminate or not.
    04-05-10 12:53 AM
    No issue with them already having Verizon. I just did an assumption of liability. Easy and the phone shows up on my bill. I can now terminate or not.
    Thanks for the advice. I will talk to my cousin about it. I know he wants to upgrade but can't afford it and he's no longer under contract. If he's willing...then he can HAVE my S2.
    04-05-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD