Been lurking here for awhile, decided to post a message, ask a question, etc... Been with Verizon for less than a year, have Storm 9530 and love both Verizon and the Storm. Okay, I admit, it's my 3rd Storm. The 1st was stolen, no fault of Verizon, and I had to get my attorney involved to get Assurion to "man-up," and what they sent me was a refurb that sucked (read - severe pixalation on screen and reversed letters), but Verizon stepped up to the plate and replaced that one with a brand new unit . I don't want to sound like I'm suckin up (gonna ask a question at the end) but I REALLY DO like Verizon. The CSR's have all been knowledgeable, helpful, polite, patient and respectful. Of course, I don't scream at them or curse or cast aspersions upon their ancestry (if you want respect, show a little) after all the person you're talking to probably isn't PERSONALLY responsible for what's gone bad. And of course, I'm very quick to ask for a supervisor - so I can bestow a bit of praise for the CSR who just helped me out. So, all of that aside, here's my question. My current Storm works GREAT! No problems whatsoever... But I'd really LOVE to get my hands on a Storm 2. So if I take advantage of the BOGO offer and purchase a Tour or something, can I choose the Storm 2 as my "get one free" phone and sit patiently til it shows up?
    08-25-09 09:17 PM
    No you will not be able to get a phone that is not available currently as the "get one free phone".

I am sure that when the storm 2 comes out, they will run the promotion again, as it seems to draw them some good business.
    08-25-09 09:27 PM
    Both phones have to be activated when you leave the store.
    08-25-09 10:44 PM
    Interesting... Thanks, I learned something here... And that is always a good thing...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 11:51 PM
    See I learned a lot about BOGO the past few months too... theres actually guidelines that are followed.
    The above is right. You would have to wait till both are available at the store... the BOGO promotion has to be going on of course.
    The big one is that both phones have to be either an upgrade or new activation. I had an instance where a customer got a BOGO offer with his boss and they ended up getting charged retail on one of the bills.. apparently the BOGO offer also stipulates that it can be on two diff accts but those accts have to be under the same acct owner.
    see... I didnt know that... I had to read the policy...

Good luck with getting the TOur and/or the Storm2. I'm sure you'll figure out how to get these phones in your hands... ( I would too ! LOL )

of course if you're still not sure... contact customer service or visit verizonwireless.com
    The information here is not guarenteed to be correct.
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-26-09 at 12:02 AM. Reason: forgot
    08-26-09 12:01 AM