Has anyone here heard from Verizon or a reputable source that they will be helping out original Storm owners with early upgrades and contract extensions to get a Storm2? I have been reading that this is happening, and that people are going in with Storm issues and walking out with a Storm2, so I just wanted to see what you guys are all seeing.

Please, no flaming. I am not saying this is possible by any means, just want to see what people have to say and their stories.
    11-01-09 03:56 PM
    I have heard a few people claim they got this, but I've not heard of anything official.

The supposed stand is that the Storm is a functional device & RIM is being pretty tight on warranty claims.

If you don't like Storm, you probably won't like Storm2. There isn't much difference.
    11-01-09 04:23 PM
    If you are eligible, you can upgrade. What do you mean by "helping out with upgrading early?" You need to fulfill your contract that you signed(we can provide you with a copy of the signature as well) when you got the original phone. The earliest that you would be eligible for an early upgrade would be November 21st, 1 year after the phone launched. That is also only if you are the primary and meet the requirements for the early upgrade.
    11-01-09 04:27 PM
    If you are eligible, you can upgrade. What do you mean by "helping out with upgrading early?" You need to fulfill your contract that you signed(we can provide you with a copy of the signature as well) when you got the original phone. The earliest that you would be eligible for an early upgrade would be November 21st, 1 year after the phone launched. That is also only if you are the primary and meet the requirements for the early upgrade.
    I know all of this, but if you read the forums, people are being offered earlier then that, for a contract extension and 2 year pricing and some for free.
    11-01-09 04:36 PM
    11-08-09 12:21 AM
    Has anyone here heard from Verizon or a reputable source that they will be helping out original Storm owners with early upgrades and contract extensions to get a Storm2? I have been reading that this is happening, and that people are going in with Storm issues and walking out with a Storm2, so I just wanted to see what you guys are all seeing.

Please, no flaming. I am not saying this is possible by any means, just want to see what people have to say and their stories.
    If anyone gets special treatment because they are S1 owners it's because the VZW employee determines it's justified.

In other words, it's business as usual.
    11-08-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD