I have a BB Curve from Verizon. I work for Qwest... and used to have Sprint service through Qwest. Qwest now sells Verizon... and due to that transition, I was required to change to VZ. This was about a year ago.

I am on a 1300 min plan with internet and email. The USB/Power port on my curve seems to be loose. It is getting more and more difficult to charge my bb... and even more difficult to have it plugged into my laptop. My "new every two" isn't active until April of next year, but I am not sure how much longer I will be able to charge the curve. The battery is ok... just the usb port. Seems I have to prop my phone and the cord in just the perfect position to get it to charge and if something bumps it... it stops charging.

Anyone have any experience dealing with VZ with these issues? I sent them an email hoping they can help. I would be willing to buy a new phone at a new 2 year contract price (and willing to extend my contract). I just don't want to have to pay $500 for a new phone. Any ideas? Anyone here work for VZ can give me advice? My work pays for the monthly service on my phone since I use it for work, but I pay for all equipment and the phone is technically mine.

TIA!
    08-14-09 09:36 AM
    I would call vzw and explain the situation and see what can be done. IT would also help the tech you speak that if a store tech would be able to note the account that this a loose port not do to physical abuse. If you device is still under warr, they will sned you a CLNR (refurb) this will hold you over till you renewal time.
    08-14-09 09:51 AM
    Agree with last... IF you're within the 1yr since your original purchase of the BB or have the TEC extended warranty feature you can have VZW send you a CLNR device. Otherwise you're only recourse is if you've exchanged your BB twice within the past 90 days that would put you in the Multiexchange category in which you'd be elig to upgrade to a comprable device. Otherwise you're waiting for your upgrade date, or another MDN on your account in which you can do a buddy upgrade.
    08-15-09 04:08 PM
    Or you could make it easy & just get a charging cradle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 04:10 PM
    Or you could make it easy & just get a charging cradle.

the cradle wont help you as far as backups but, it will definitely charge the phone.
    08-15-09 07:07 PM
    True, but a little careful computer configuration allows you to backup via bluetooth.

08-16-09 04:00 AM
    I have a BB Curve from Verizon. I work for Qwest... and used to have Sprint service through Qwest. Qwest now sells Verizon... and due to that transition, I was required to change to VZ. This was about a year ago.

I am on a 1300 min plan with internet and email. The USB/Power port on my curve seems to be loose. It is getting more and more difficult to charge my bb... and even more difficult to have it plugged into my laptop. My "new every two" isn't active until April of next year, but I am not sure how much longer I will be able to charge the curve. The battery is ok... just the usb port. Seems I have to prop my phone and the cord in just the perfect position to get it to charge and if something bumps it... it stops charging.

Anyone have any experience dealing with VZ with these issues? I sent them an email hoping they can help. I would be willing to buy a new phone at a new 2 year contract price (and willing to extend my contract). I just don't want to have to pay $500 for a new phone. Any ideas? Anyone here work for VZ can give me advice? My work pays for the monthly service on my phone since I use it for work, but I pay for all equipment and the phone is technically mine.

TIA!

I've come across customers with this issue a couple times. we end up replacing the phone with a Certified Like New replacement. If you are still under warrenty or have the Extended coverage and insurance plan; it can be taken care of lickity split. If not; we'll still replace it with a nominal fee. usually appx $50 although with a blackberry I believe its increased.
    You'll be fine...

btw.. my folks used to be qwest and came to vzw and love it. WELCOME!

Edited because I just read a reply to OP...
    The multifru policy is on a CASE BY CASE BASIS AND WE DONT TALK ADVISE THE CUSTOMERS ABOUT IT.
    Although its been talked about numerous times and he would have come across it anyway. I guess I'm being anal today..
    sorry.
    Last edited by heather.law; 08-16-09 at 10:26 AM. Reason: verizon reps big mouth
    08-16-09 10:23 AM
    1. Before anything else happens, do your best to do a backup just in case.

2. See a technician. Even if it's out of the 1yr warranty, as long as it's not physically damaged they should be able to do something for you.

3. Ask about an early upgrade. If the plan is in your name and you're a single line or primary line, maybe you're eligible for an early.
    08-16-09 12:44 PM
    Forgot about the early upgrade! Good idea!

My upgrade is in April too... weeeee
    08-16-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD