if i sell my phone, how about does the buyer get it activated.... i was told that verizon phones dont use sim cards, so if i sell a phone how would the reps at vzw go about activating the phone for someone else? i mean would they think it was stolen and ask a bunch of questions?
    06-15-09 11:53 PM
    You'd have to remove it from your account, as in add a different phone to your phone number, and then the new buyer would have Verizon add your old phones ESN number to his account.
    06-15-09 11:56 PM
    You'd have to remove it from your account, as in add a different phone to your phone number, and then the new buyer would have Verizon add your old phones ESN number to his account.
    okay so i have to buy a new phone before i sell it? i was planning on selling it and buying the tour, but i kind of need the money from the phone im selling to buy the tour lol
    06-15-09 11:58 PM
    Call Verizon and see if they'll remove it from your account...
    06-16-09 12:01 AM
    okay thank you
    06-16-09 12:06 AM
    You're going to have another phone on that line in the meantime.

We won't just "remove" an ESN and leave a line with no device attached to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 12:35 AM
    Agreed above.. You'll either want to wait get the Tour then sell the other phone to make it up. Or if you have another device to use in the mean time; reactivate it. If you don't have another phone see if someone has an extra to borrow. My whole family has vzw so we swapped our devices frequently. But unfortunatly on the cdma ntwk u have to have some esn on the acct active.
    Only downfall to an ota ntwk.

06-16-09 02:35 AM
    Just have vzw put the tour on your account then sell your other and pay it off

06-16-09 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD