I used my yearly upgrade to get my son a new phone. His was having issues and he could not upgrade until the end of August. Anyway after I got off the phone with 611 getting the phone activated on his line, I had several emails as if my service books where sent over and over. About 4 per email. Is this normal? I have been having issues getting my calendar via the today screen to open. It lags for 24 seconds before it opens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:41 AM
    I used my yearly upgrade to get my son a new phone. His was having issues and he could not upgrade until the end of August. Anyway after I got off the phone with 611 getting the phone activated on his line, I had several emails as if my service books where sent over and over. About 4 per email. Is this normal? I have been having issues getting my calendar via the today screen to open. It lags for 24 seconds before it opens.

More than likely, the 2 things are un-related. Doing an alternate upgrade does not affect the service on the line that is not getting the phone. It only extends the service agreement. Only the service that is getting the new phone is affected and just for the length of time it takes to activate and program the new phone.

04-28-09 12:17 PM
    they prolly refreshed your blackberry plan when they did the change, and that initiated a BIS update, which sent service books.

btw, when they do the order, they can use your upgrade, and assign it to another line, so pending the rep knew what they were doing, it shouldn't had done that. but if they activated the equipment on your line, completed the contract, then re-activated your equipment, then took the new equipment onto your customers line, it could have triggered the BIS refresh...but it wouldn't have any future impact on service.
    04-28-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD