I just realized that VZW has 2 unlimited Data plans for Blackberry.

I have been paying 45.00 (approx) per month and I just realized that there is a plan for 29.99. What is the difference?

One is called Blackberry Unlimited Data Usage and the other is called Email and Web for Blackberry.

according to the chart on the Verizon website, the 2 plans are exactly the same with the only difference being the Unlimited Data Usage plan includes corporate email. They both include personal email and unlimited internet access.

Is it safe to say that if I go with the Email and Web plan I will not incur any additional data charges? I use Gmail and Yahoo for Email. I dont use a corporate email account.
    02-11-10 04:24 PM
    The difference is BES. That's all. Blackberry Enterprise Server.

If you're not on a private blackberry server with your employer, you most likely do not need BES access.
    02-11-10 04:25 PM
    Well, thats good news. Im a little annoyed that it took me over a year to figure that out. But now I can save 15.00 per month on my plan as well as 15.00 on my wifes plan.

SWEET!!!!!!
    02-11-10 04:27 PM
    Nice to hear I helped you out.
    02-11-10 04:34 PM
    thanks. U rock!
    02-11-10 04:47 PM
    Yea,
    People have to be careful.

I was automatically put on the $45 plan because I get an employee discount.
    It took me a month. I was coming from a smartphone already so I knew the drill.
    So I called them and had them change it.

My wife got a Storm on our family plan and they immediately put her on the $45 plan. I switched it on the web.

Only people on BES need the $45 plan. If your employer requires BES then they should pay, because they set the policy for your phone.

You might try to explain it to them and get at least a month or two credit applied from the money you paid.

This is for everybody:

If your employer allows POP3 or IMAP to get to your email from an external machine, *YOU DO NOT NEED* the $45 plan!!!

Reps will try to convince you that you do.
    02-11-10 08:37 PM

Reps will try to convince you that you do.
    All reps?

10char
    02-11-10 11:07 PM
    Agreed all reps?
    02-11-10 11:11 PM
    Agreed all reps?
    Not all reps. I certainly ask before submitting the order for activation. It will automatically add the corpoate plan when you enter in the esn, so I ask and change accordingly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 02:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD