I have a blackberry curve 8330 and I added the tethering (broadband access connect) feature to my account for $3 for 3 days (because that is how many days are left in my billing cycle.) I was wondering, can I still use my phone after those 3 days to connect to the internet through VZ access manager, I'm guessing it will work but what will the charge be, because if it is relatively cheap per MB, might be better to do that,
    thanks
    12-05-08 08:11 PM
    You can you the access manager only when you have the bb connect feature added to your plan. Even if you donr have it, it will still connect, but when you open a browser it will re-direct you to vzw to add the plan onto the account.

But good thing is you can use it as pay per usage(per day)

Its good to be able to do that when you need it. And you don't have to call CS to add the feature.

Hope this helps you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 08:16 PM
    Is there a way to tether with Verizon without paying for it?
    12-05-08 08:43 PM
    You mean steal the service?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 09:35 PM
    I don't think anyone here is going to help you steal ;D
    12-06-08 05:04 AM
    Is there a way to tether with Verizon without paying for it?
    No there is not.
    12-06-08 08:00 AM
    My apologies to everyone. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I have T-Mobile and they allow you to tether for free. I understand that their network is not nearly as good as Verizon's, but its a compromise. I was just getting ready to switch to Verizon until I found out that they charge extra for tethering.
    12-06-08 08:09 AM
    My apologies to everyone. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I have T-Mobile and they allow you to tether for free. I understand that their network is not nearly as good as Verizon's, but its a compromise. I was just getting ready to switch to Verizon until I found out that they charge extra for tethering.
    They don't charge cuz they don't have 3G. I bet when they finally launch 3G there will be a charge for tethering.
    12-06-08 10:43 PM
    im confused with the tethering pricing. I pay 29.99 for BIS. Will I be payin g an extra $15 for tethering or will have to pay the 44.99 for BES and then $15 extra for tethering???

Basically, will this cost be an extra 15 bucks or is it actually 30 all together?
    12-06-08 11:50 PM
    from what the rep told me, I would have to upgrade to BES 44.99 and then after that pay 15 more for the 5mb tethering! This doesnt exactly sound right! I would pay 15$ extra but if I'm forced to pay for the 44.99 BB plan and then 15 on top of that, thats too freakin much, especially for a 5mb limit!
    12-06-08 11:52 PM
    1) You wouldn't be "forced" to a BES plan.

2) You would actually be charged for the price difference to get you to $60 / month for data...
    In your case w/ the BIS plan, it would be $30 (BIS) + $30 (Tethering) = $60 (Total)

3) The cutoff isn't 5 MB... The cutoff is 5 GB...

Hope this helps clear things up.

-GNRPowdeR
    12-07-08 02:44 AM
    o ok, the mb was a typo, but thanks for the clearing up. So basically its the same deal, only broken down a bit differently...

rep on phone: BIS 30, +15 for BES, +15 for tethering = 60

your saying BIS 30, +30 for tethering = 60

so if the first part is still true, would there be a benefit to getting BES and then adding tethering for 15 extra?
    12-07-08 08:15 AM
    So has anyone used the tethering with Verizon's 3G?
    12-14-08 01:56 PM
    Yes I have. It is quite nice
    12-14-08 02:06 PM
    o ok, the mb was a typo, but thanks for the clearing up. So basically its the same deal, only broken down a bit differently...

rep on phone: BIS 30, +15 for BES, +15 for tethering = 60

your saying BIS 30, +30 for tethering = 60

so if the first part is still true, would there be a benefit to getting BES and then adding tethering for 15 extra?
    Only if you have a BES server to connect to. Both pricing "quotes" are correct. There is a $15 tethering plan, and a $30 tethering plan. They are identical except for the price. The "system" won't let you add a $15 tethering plan on a line with BIS, which essentially forces you to a total of $60 either way. Strangely though, you CAN add the $30 tethering plan on a line with BES, for a total of $75 (or at least you could when I signed up back in July).
    12-14-08 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD