Is there any way a Verizon rep can push the Verixon service books to my Alltel branded BB, I installed OS 5.0 on my 8330 and the icon should be 3G instead of 1XEV, and it doesn't, someone suggested that I need the Verizon service books

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 01:08 PM
    Or is there a way to change the vendor I'd from 106 to 105

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 01:09 PM
    not sure if this works on vzw bb, but delete all services books except provisioning and then do register now. is your HRT vzw entries or alltel?
    10-01-09 08:03 PM
    they are all Alltel and I am on Alltel's network, because Alltel was more domanant here before the merger.
    10-01-09 08:05 PM
    not sure if this works on vzw bb, but delete all services books except provisioning and then do register now. is your HRT vzw entries or alltel?
    Register now via HRT just does the device registration on the RIM network. Has nothing to do with anything beyond basic service books (e.g., email, etc).

The 3G indicator is probably not going to show up because the device does not officially support OS versions above 4.5 (I think that's the latest for the curve). Its such an insignificant item, just tell your iphone friends that EV is the same as their 3G. And if you really want to split hairs over the "fastest" network, congratulate them on their web pages loading 5 nanoseconds faster sometimes.
    10-01-09 11:28 PM
    all we have to do is push it from our admin site
    10-01-09 11:37 PM
    all we have to do is push it from our admin site
    Actually, this won't work for Alltel devices. VZW BB Admin/Relay for VZW devices only. Alltel has its own BB Admin and Provisioning site for RIM.
    10-02-09 12:23 AM
    Right...
    The converted Verizon reps should have the ability to access the Alltel Provisioning tool to push the service books...
    10-02-09 12:25 AM
    If you have PC access to your BIS account www.blackberry.<provider>.com then you can push out the service books yourself from there - click on help on the left then send service books.
    10-02-09 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD