My cousin ordered me a Blackberry Storm on the release date but then pulled some strings and got me a Storm the next day. So the Storm she ordered me got to my house last week and I've been thinking about either sending it back to refund my account or selling it on eBay. My question is since this phone is tied to my account but not activated, if I was to sell it would that person be able to activate it? She charged the Storm to my account so I didn't pay for it yet.
    12-02-08 02:22 PM
    Ebay!!!

Just tell VZW you're gonna sell it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 02:25 PM
    I think you have to activate it first and then you can sell it. If I'm not mistaken if you don't, when he or she tries to activate the phone it may show it is part of some sort of existing order and not activate.
    12-02-08 02:26 PM
    But then they might charge you full retail since you didn't buy a contract. Uh oh

12-02-08 02:26 PM
    But then they might charge you full retail since you didn't buy a contract. Uh oh

That's what I was thinking because it shows as $199.99 with two year contract. I'm sure Verizon will end up charging me the full price anyways. They're going for about $600 on eBay though.
    12-02-08 02:29 PM
    Yeah I'm sure they would. Call and ask. If they don't catch it, go for it! lol

12-02-08 03:14 PM
    I work in a store and not at a call center, but if here's what I think will happen and how I would handle it...

The ESN is locked when it's shipped out. Which means only the line it was ordered for can activate it. So, you could sell it on ebay, but that person wouldn't be able to activate it.

If you call VZW and tell them you don't want to activate it on your plan, then they will tell you to send it back or they will charge you full-retail price for it.

If by chance they don't make you send it back or activate it and let you sell it on ebay, then they will still probably extend your contract since you agreed to a 2 yr agreement when the phone was purchased at the 199.99 price which means you wouldn't be able to get a new phone for 20 months on your line.
    12-03-08 10:50 AM
    what is such a big deal .. just activate it for 5 mins and swap it back to your exsisting phone set again ! ... this should not take you more them 10 mins in total ... phones shipped needs to be activated YES ..but who says you need to keep it that phone .. just swap it !
    12-03-08 01:42 PM
    According to Verizon Rep. if you do not activate the phone that is sent to your house when you purchase it within 15 days then Verizon will charge the full price of the phone to your account.
    12-03-08 08:00 PM
    According to Verizon Rep. if you do not activate the phone that is sent to your house when you purchase it within 15 days then Verizon will charge the full price of the phone to your account.
    They told me 30 days.
    12-03-08 08:22 PM
    what is such a big deal .. just activate it for 5 mins and swap it back to your exsisting phone set again ! ... this should not take you more them 10 mins in total ... phones shipped needs to be activated YES ..but who says you need to keep it that phone .. just swap it !
    If he activates it, then sells on ebay then he will have used his upgrade and won't qualify for 2 yr pricing again for 20 months.
    12-03-08 11:05 PM
    Another bad idea involving a storm. You and the person who got it and wants to cancel the lines and pay all the fees should egt together, maybe then you could both think of a better solution.
    12-05-08 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD