I know this has been asked 100+ times but I am going to ask you again because I cant find the answer I am looking for. My trackball was giving me trouble. So I took it apart (which I have done before). I noticed that the metal part was bent and that one of the magnet little pieces was out of place. So I thought that would be a simple solution. However when I went to put everything back together all **** broke loose. So since 2pm today I have been trying to put my trackball back together and have a working phone. I have is jimmied so that it works but not really. So I was wondering if I took it to a VZW store if they could help me? Are they able to replace my trackball? I have a warranty, so do I have to pay? I need to get this fixed before I leave out of town on Tuesday, so I cannot wait and order a new piece. Please help me out! Thanks

Red

8330 vzw cruve. brought new in nov. 08!
    07-19-09 08:19 PM
    I know this has been asked 100+ times but I am going to ask you again because I cant find the answer I am looking for. My trackball was giving me trouble. So I took it apart (which I have done before). I noticed that the metal part was bent and that one of the magnet little pieces was out of place. So I thought that would be a simple solution. However when I went to put everything back together all **** broke loose. So since 2pm today I have been trying to put my trackball back together and have a working phone. I have is jimmied so that it works but not really. So I was wondering if I took it to a VZW store if they could help me? Are they able to replace my trackball? I have a warranty, so do I have to pay? I need to get this fixed before I leave out of town on Tuesday, so I cannot wait and order a new piece. Please help me out! Thanks

Red

8330 vzw cruve. brought new in nov. 08!
    Hey Red,

Just take it into a Verizon store and they will replace the trackball and other parts you may need for free, you don't even need to tell them whether you have a warranty or not.

Good luck!
    07-19-09 08:27 PM
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE QUICK REPLY! I kept reading that they would not replace it. so i was worried i was SOL! I will go by right after work tomorrow! thanks so00o much again!!!
    07-19-09 08:34 PM
    You will want to call first as not all stores have them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 09:49 PM
    The verizon store should replace the phone and give you a replacement device
    07-19-09 10:11 PM
    They will replace the whole phone? I just need a new trackball...?

07-19-09 10:30 PM
    I heard they will replace the trackball for free. If all you need is a new trackball, then that's your best bet. I would stay clear of trying to get the entire phone replaced. Several people I know have taken their phone in for replacement. All of them had problems with their replacement. They tend to think that their replacements are refurbished.

07-19-09 10:36 PM
    I don't want a new phone, that's such a pain. What I need is the whole trackball device. I need the housing it sits in and the silver ring that goes around it. it all got messed up. Will they help me?

07-19-09 10:46 PM
    You could also order a replacement trackball from wirelessground.com. I received mine a few days ago, works like a charm!

07-19-09 11:54 PM
    A lot of corporate stores get these bandolier boxes of trackballs in from Blackberry. Call your corporate store in advance to make sure we've got them, but we'll be happy to replace that trackball for you. Also, a lot of stores have isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush to scrub the port under your trackball with, as that can sometimes improve the conenction as well.
    07-21-09 11:42 AM
    They replace em
    07-21-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD