Ok I can get 2 types of insurance.

1 Extends manufactorers warrenty
    2 Accident/Lost/Stolen

Now my question is if somthing happens to the phone that is an error on the phones part, like screen issues, hardware issues, etc do I just bring it to verizon within a year if I do not get any isurance, and they will replace it?

Now if I get insurance and chose option #1 that just extends the warrenty on phone issues where I can bring it to Verizon to exchange it even longer than a year right?

#2 seems straight enough and only comes into play if it's lost, broken by me, or stolen right?

Now a deductable only comes into play if it is broken by me, lost or stollen and NOT if it is a mechanicle error right?

I'm trying to decide if either of these insurances are worth it or not.
    07-27-09 04:27 PM
    Yeah dude you got it right, but if you get a replacement phone within that 1 year manufacturers warranty, that phone a fru(like new replacement) is only guarenteed for 3 months.
    07-27-09 04:28 PM
    Yeah dude you got it right, but if you get a replacement phone within that 1 year manufacturers warranty, that phone a fru(like new replacement) is only guarenteed for 3 months.
    Oh ok. Thanks man! I appreciate the help
    07-27-09 04:53 PM
    get insurance.
    get insurance.
    get insurance.

'nuff said.
    its only what.. $5 a month?
    07-27-09 06:05 PM
    Insurance is a must. If you lose your phone you will be glad you did.
    07-27-09 06:06 PM
    The replacement is covered for 3 months or the balance of the original year, whichever is longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 06:30 PM
    Well I bought the $1.99 extended warrenty. I know that is a must because it is a Storm. This way I can just bring it in for a new/refurb if needed.

As for the $6.00 accident insurance, I definatly do not need that. I've never dropped a phone, or broke one. It's either on my desk or in the case with me. Heck I had my LG Dare for 8 months and it was like brand new when I sold it lol. I'm anal about keeping my electronics perfect.
    07-27-09 07:21 PM
    somewhere in the future.. (i hope not) ..
    I will see a thread " damn i shouldve listen to you guys and got insurance..."

its only $7 a month.. skip a meal or skip out on 2 coffee's.. i think it will be well worth it..
    07-27-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD