If I purchase a phone on eBay and it breaks am I out of luck or could I still get Verizon to help me with it?
    07-02-10 05:16 PM
    Your recourse will be through Ebay or the seller if it's a defective phone. If it breaks or you break it, you're out of luck no matter where you buy it unless it's insured.
    Last edited by xs11e; 07-02-10 at 06:45 PM.
    07-02-10 05:41 PM
    If I purchase a phone on eBay and it breaks am I out of luck or could I still get Verizon to help me with it?
    The warranty does not apply unless you are the original purchaser. Do you have insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 05:59 PM
    Something I was wondering bout a ebay phone I'm interestd in purchasing a droid on ebay the one I'm lookin at says "phone locked to verizon network" does that mean it has a bad esn? Or that its jus a verizon fone. I don't know which is y I'm askin plz help

07-02-10 07:04 PM
    "phone locked to Verizon means it will only currently work on their network, but could be unlocked for someone elses service, Also it's never a bad idea to check the esn on a phone before you buy it, any legit seller should give this to you so you can check it.
    07-02-10 07:14 PM
    "phone locked to Verizon means it will only currently work on their network, but could be unlocked for someone elses service, Also it's never a bad idea to check the esn on a phone before you buy it, any legit seller should give this to you so you can check it.
    To clarify "locked to VZW" means it's branded to Verizon. Few if any CDMA carriers will activate a CDMA phone branded to another carrier. Neither Verizon nor Sprint does.

Also u should *always* check the ESN before buying a phone from ebay.

07-02-10 07:53 PM
    pay a little more and have a peace of mind... it's a hassle to catch those ebay sellers if you discovered something is wrong down the road.
    07-02-10 07:58 PM
    Something I was wondering bout a ebay phone I'm interestd in purchasing a droid on ebay the one I'm lookin at says "phone locked to verizon network" does that mean it has a bad esn? Or that its jus a verizon fone. I don't know which is y I'm askin plz help
    The Droid is a VZW exclusive that will work on VZWs CDMA network exclusively. Some phones have provision for a SIM card, they can be unlocked and used on GSM networks overseas and here in the US, the droid does not have that capability AFAIK, you'll use it only on VZW.

As others have said, ask for the ESN, you can call VZW and make sure it's a good one.
    07-02-10 08:10 PM
    Well the phone is fine, I'm just considering getting rid of my original phone that I actually got with the Verizon contract. I guess my question was whether I could get insurance on the phone that I bought from eBay?
    07-02-10 11:44 PM
    Nope. You could try some third party.
    07-03-10 12:50 AM
    I think if you currently have a phone with insurance on verizon then you can transfer the insurance to the new phone. I would ask them to be sure. My daughter had insurance on her blitz (she's 12) and when the hubby got his droid he gave her the dare he used to have. It did not have insurance on it when it was his. When we transferred it to her they brought the insurance over from her blitz and now the dare has it. All of the phones were originally bought for our account at verizon so that may be the reason it's allowed. I would call CS and ask them, and then I would have the seller meet you at verizon so you can take it in and activate it then and there. There have been many cases of stolen phones on Ebay and CL, some were thought to have been reported after the sale by the seller. Cover your ****. If they are on the up and up they will be willing to meet you, if they are out of state I would make sure you have documentation that the phone is clean and available to be activated.
    07-03-10 09:53 PM
    how do you check the esn?

07-11-10 10:42 PM
    Get it from the seller, call Verizon CS and ask if you could activate the ESN.
    07-11-10 10:51 PM
    Get it from the seller, call Verizon CS and ask if you could activate the ESN.
    thanks so much! i might look into ebay then.

07-11-10 11:07 PM
    A certified pre-owned phone would be better since it comes with a one year warranty I believe.
    07-12-10 01:45 AM
    thanks so much! i might look into ebay then.
    If the seller won't provide the ESN you might pass on that one. Also, check Craig's List where you are, you can deal face to face, cash only and arrange to meet at a VZW store and have them check the phone before handing over the cash, it's the safest way to get a used phone.

Can't say about elsewhere but here in Phoenix, AZ prices seem to be a little lower than ebay.
    07-12-10 01:47 AM
    would you guys buy a new bold that has never been activated, still in the box, and has a clean ESN for $375?

07-12-10 10:39 PM
    If on ebay, what is the seller's feedback?
    07-13-10 12:14 AM
    If on ebay, what is the seller's feedback?
    The person has 872 feedback and they are all positive.
    07-13-10 07:56 AM
    Then the seller is probably trustworthy but you might read a few of the feedbacks and see if they relate to similar products...
    07-13-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD