My price for the new Curve 8530 on Verizons website is 69.99. At Walmart today its 28.88

Why? and whats the difference if I go ahead and take my upgrade at Walmart vrs online like I normally do?

Thanks!
    11-24-09 08:14 PM
    Walmart does not honor ne2 credits. Go where you get the best price as long as you are eligible to upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 08:23 PM
    Walmart (I assume) buys higher quantities of less phones making them more likely to have a cheaper price. The do not honor NE2 however.

11-24-09 08:25 PM
    OK when you say they won't honor the NE2 - then am I lookng at a higher price thru them?
    11-24-09 08:45 PM
    OK when you say they won't honor the NE2 - then am I lookng at a higher price thru them?
    They simply won't honor any NE2 credits you've accrued over the term of your contract. If their price is better than what you'd pay with your NE2 credit online at Cell Phones,Smartphones,Mobile Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless, or in a VZW retail store, then buy from Wal-Mart.
    11-24-09 08:51 PM
    The phone at Walmart would be the price you would pay. 28.88 plus tax as long as your eligible. They can only do full upgrades but they can't apply the NE2 discount.

11-24-09 10:29 PM
    Walmart does not honor ne2 credits. Go where you get the best price as long as you are eligible to upgrade.
    This is dead on - Walmart right now is about $29 as discussed. That is your price with upgrade eligibility. But in store & there are no catches other than the two-year VZW commitment.

At VZW, the price is about $70. If you're eligible for the NE2, take the $20, $30 or whatever off that price. If you have a $50 or $100 NE2 (the old rates) VZW is cheaper. Otherwise, VZW is cheaper.

Do NOT buy from Walmart or BestBuy or WireFly/LetsTalk/Simplexity online. Extra contracts get added on.
    11-24-09 10:56 PM
    Interesting I was wondering this myself. Because right now it's looking like all their BB's have really good prices, and are beating the NE2 + online discounts from the Verizon site.
    11-24-09 11:00 PM
    Twins....what are those extra contracts about?

11-25-09 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD