I did a search on this and have also been in the Verizon store but can't seem to get a solid answer that gives me the warm fuzzy to go ahead with this! So currently I have a 8900 for me personal phone through Tmobile (no desktop redirect software that I can find) and a Palm Treo 700WX with Verizon for my work phone. My Treo is on the fritz and I need a new phone....I want to get the Tour with Verizon but here is my problem. My company has email access so locked down that it's impossible to just use the normal push feature with my BB to get the email. Right now on the Treo I use the VZW sync software on my desktop and on the phone to get email, sync contacts and tasks...but this is only for windows mobile phones (windows mobile sucks!).

I see this link:
    Verizon Wireless - BlackBerry Email System Requirements

Does anyone have a Blackberry and use the Blackberry Desktop Redirector? Can I just put this on my desktop and get my company email from my Outlook pushed and synced to my BB? Also contacts and tasks??

The Verizon guy at the store seemed confused and the rep on the phone said she thought so....but I don't want to go buy a new phone until I"m sure it will work...because if not I'm stuck with another crappy windows mobile phone!

Thanks for any advice
    10-14-09 10:32 AM
    It should work like that. You could always ask the IT guy(s) at your office and see what they think, or perhaps find someone else in the office with a BB
    10-14-09 05:57 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I actually just went ahead and got the BB with Verizon and I'm messing around with it now to see if it works. If not at least I have 30 days to return it for a windows mobile phone.

Unfortunately no one else uses a BB, all Treo users. I just don't like the Treo and am really keeping my fingers crossed I can get the berry to work for me as I need it to!
    10-14-09 06:02 PM
    Redirector has limitations. You will get you email, but it will not support attachements. Over I would give a software a rating of 3 out 10
    10-14-09 06:45 PM
    I agree on Redirector - it pretty much sucks.

Why are you stuck on a Treo? There are many much better WM devices out there, most far better than BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 01:32 AM
    I agree on Redirector - it pretty much sucks.

Why are you stuck on a Treo? There are many much better WM devices out there, most far better than BlackBerry.

Well I'm not really stuck to a Treo, that is just what we have had for a couple years. The windows mobile devices that Verizon have now pretty much suck.....I've tried them all in the store and am not impressed with any of them so far.

This desktop redirector does kinda suck, but I'm going to try it out for another week or so before I decide to go back to windows mobile....I much prefer blackberry
    10-15-09 09:55 AM
    You couldn't have tried them. The HTC Touch Pro 2 & Imagio aren't in stores - online only - and the Samsung Omnia 2 hasn't been released yet, but will be shortly.

I have all three & turned off they are more capable than Storm 2, which I also have extensive experience with.

10-15-09 11:28 AM
    I thought RIM had shelved the redirector over a year ago.
    10-15-09 11:43 AM
    You couldn't have tried them. The HTC Touch Pro 2 & Imagio aren't in stores - online only - and the Samsung Omnia 2 hasn't been released yet, but will be shortly.

I have all three & turned off they are more capable than Storm 2, which I also have extensive experience with.

ahh ok, I'm not that familiar with those devices obviously! Just went into the Verizon store and played with the ones they have. Do you recommend any of those over the Storm?

Thanks for your input on this
    10-15-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD