My blackberry tour won't come on anymore, I've don't a lot of trouble shooting and can't find the source of the problem. I was walking in the rain from class today and had my phone in my pocket, but I checked the WDIs and they aren't showing up as being damaged. I bought this phone on ebay about a year ago. My question is can Verizon do anything for me even though I didn't buy it from them and I don't have insurance? I went to Verizon a while ago for an issue with my trackball and I told them I got it on ebay so they couldn't help me. He instead told me to go to a different Verizon and just tell them I bought the phone at a Verizon store other than the one I was at. Could I tell them the same story, getting me out of having to tell them I got it on ebay and therefor increasing my odds of them working on it?

Also, is there any sort of manufacturer's warranty?
    04-27-10 10:18 PM
    Typically, the warranty only applies to the original purchaser and does not transfer to subsequent owners. And typically, the carrier is not likely to be involved in providing warranty service for a device they did not sell.

But you can ask. But be honest.

You can try to get service directly from RIM but be aware that they will charge you $49 just to talk to them.
    04-27-10 10:25 PM
    My blackberry tour won't come on anymore, I've don't a lot of trouble shooting and can't find the source of the problem. I was walking in the rain from class today and had my phone in my pocket, but I checked the WDIs and they aren't showing up as being damaged. I bought this phone on ebay about a year ago. My question is can Verizon do anything for me even though I didn't buy it from them and I don't have insurance? I went to Verizon a while ago for an issue with my trackball and I told them I got it on ebay so they couldn't help me. He instead told me to go to a different Verizon and just tell them I bought the phone at a Verizon store other than the one I was at. Could I tell them the same story, getting me out of having to tell them I got it on ebay and therefor increasing my odds of them working on it?

Also, is there any sort of manufacturer's warranty?
    You have no warranty with VzW since you did not purchase the device, you may wnat to call and see if you can add insurance, I am not sure if it's still on but there was open enrollment for April but I'm not sure of the requirements. Don't lie though, you may just need to go back to eBay...
    04-28-10 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD