I was told that phone's are not eligible for corporate discounts IN ADDITION TO the discounted price for signing a contract. It was one or the other. Also that the Storm was not eligible as a corporate discounted item. Did the rep not know what he was talking about?

Also are activation fee's waived with corporate discounts for only 2 year or both 2 and 1 year contracts?
    Last edited by smh410; 11-24-08 at 05:57 PM.
    11-24-08 05:42 PM
    Phones are VERY rarely eligible for corporate discounts.
    11-24-08 06:11 PM
    If you have a personal phone and want to check for any discounts that might be available for you account see the following website. Also these discounts if you qualify are only good for the primary lineon the account. Waiving of fees I am sure about.

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=L5D9I5j3

If you qualify you will get an email to your work address. There will be a link to register. Once registered the discount should be automatically added to your account.
    11-24-08 07:04 PM
    I ordered a storm yesterday and the rep saw and gave me a corp discount of $50 off the 2 year price. My phone is my personal device not given to me through my company.

Now I don't think i get the MIR though.....but that's ok. I just want them to ship it to me before Dec 15th.....LOL.
    11-24-08 07:10 PM
    I get a corporate discount on my services (20% on anything 24.99 & higher). So everything on my plan is discounted except for the 9.99 for my husband's line (I'm the primary).

When I switched to my Pearl in March 2008, there were no corporate discounts for it. I got it for the 2-year contract price minus mail-in rebate.

The phone I had before was a regular Samsung, and I did get a corporate discount on that phone. At that time, with my NE2 & my corporate discount, I got a $360 phone for FREE. And at the same time, my husband's regular Samsung was about $50, but retailed for $340.

So in my experience, the BB didn't qualify for any corporate discounts, but regular phones did.

Maybe the corporate discounts apply on regular phones but not on BlackBerries. Or maybe the policy changed sometime between my purchase of the Samsungs and my purchase of the BlackBerries.
    11-24-08 10:43 PM
    I was told that phone's are not eligible for corporate discounts IN ADDITION TO the discounted price for signing a contract. It was one or the other. Also that the Storm was not eligible as a corporate discounted item. Did the rep not know what he was talking about?

Also are activation fee's waived with corporate discounts for only 2 year or both 2 and 1 year contracts?
    You can either take the retail pricing on the phone (which usually includes a mail-in-rebate) or you can take the corporate pricing if you work for a company that offers it.

I haven't had anyone asking to get corporate pricing on the Storm yet, so I haven't checked it out. If it isn't available now, it will probably be available soon.

All phones have corporate pricing, but that doesn't mean it is always cheaper than the retail pricing. The corporate pricing for phones is only updated once a quarter. So, it's entirely possible and happens frequently that the retail price is better than the corporate pricing because VZW changes promotions a few times each quarter.

Also, you CAN get corporate pricing for a phone even on a secondary line on a familyshare plan. As long as the primary line qualifies for a corporate discount, then all lines on a share plan can get corporate pricing on equipment.

Finally, the activation fee waiver depends on how the corporate discount profile is set up. Some profiles are setup so that only 2 yr contracts get waived activation, some include 1 and 2 yr and some don't get any activation fee waiver for employee-liable lines anyway. All corporate liable lines with a corporate discount profile setup get waived activation on any contract.
    11-24-08 10:59 PM
    I ordered a storm yesterday and the rep saw and gave me a corp discount of $50 off the 2 year price. My phone is my personal device not given to me through my company.

Now I don't think i get the MIR though.....but that's ok. I just want them to ship it to me before Dec 15th.....LOL.
    If you paid 199.99 for the phone, then you may not have received corporate pricing. VZW is giving a $50 instant rebate in lieu of a mail-in-rebate on all Storms that have to be ordered since we ran out. It's only for Storms ordered through the retail channel though. You also get free overnight shipping on the phone...once the order is processed.

They may have told you that you were getting corporate pricing, but it could be you're just getting the special direct fulfillment pricing. I have done almost 10 like that since Friday.
    11-24-08 11:04 PM

I couldn't get my corp discount however my $50.00 rebate was instant instead of a mail in. Made me happy.
    11-25-08 12:32 PM
    I got corporate pricing at $199 for a 1 year contract, no mail in rebate offered.
    11-27-08 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD