Ok, I have the $29.99 data plan. I look at my statement today and see a $30.00 fee for broadband connect. It has never been on my bill before. Why is this on there?
    09-27-08 07:39 PM
    Do you use phone as a modem? If not call vzw and have tethering feature removed and credited.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 08:21 PM
    Ignore the question everyone....I broke down and called CS about it. They said it was a free trial when I bought the phone and continued after that. I've been charged for this since February and I just noticed....ughhhh! I guess I need to be paying better attention to my statements!!
    09-27-08 08:34 PM
    Man alive. Hard lesson to learn. I know how much each feature I have costs which lets me easily look and see if something isn't right. I can see missing like 1-5$ every month, but $30 that should be a red flag.
    09-28-08 06:20 PM
    Just so you know. Per your contract with VZW you can dispute a charge for 180 days. If the charge was not supposed to be on the bill you can call and request a refund for the last 6 months.
    10-03-08 09:25 AM
    Just so you know. Per your contract with VZW you can dispute a charge for 180 days. If the charge was not supposed to be on the bill you can call and request a refund for the last 6 months.
    Ha... So they would have you believe. This is nothing negative against Verizon, as I love them, but more of a heads up...

When I initially got my first Pearl, about 56 years ago, I requested the unlimited BIS data plan. Come to find out, about 8 months later, Verizon had mistakenly put me on the $44.99 unlimited BES plan. I have always been on paperless billing, so I never noticed. Needless to say when I checked my account online one day and figured out what was going on, I was livid. Verizon basically told me that per their terms and conditions, after 30 days I agree to the terms of my plan by default, and they are not held liable for any mistakes or mixups in my plan conditions. The rep also went so far as to tell me that it was my own fault for not reading my bill.

Bottom line is read every piece of small print carefully, and always keep track of your own plan. Period.
    10-03-08 09:29 AM
    Hey everyone be sure to check your bills, same thing happened to my wife's number. She was always charged $29.99 for the unlimited data plan and was automatically enrolled into the $49.99 plan somehow. VZW gave a credit no problem just but beware before you pay.
    10-03-08 01:45 PM
    Nice sneaky way to hide a charge. Lame asses that VZW is. I bet the info on this "promotion" was in real fine print also.
    10-03-08 02:39 PM
    Ha... So they would have you believe. This is nothing negative against Verizon, as I love them, but more of a heads up...

When I initially got my first Pearl, about 56 years ago, I requested the unlimited BIS data plan. Come to find out, about 8 months later, Verizon had mistakenly put me on the $44.99 unlimited BES plan. I have always been on paperless billing, so I never noticed. Needless to say when I checked my account online one day and figured out what was going on, I was livid. Verizon basically told me that per their terms and conditions, after 30 days I agree to the terms of my plan by default, and they are not held liable for any mistakes or mixups in my plan conditions. The rep also went so far as to tell me that it was my own fault for not reading my bill.

Bottom line is read every piece of small print carefully, and always keep track of your own plan. Period.
    To add to this, when you pay the bill, that is another form of agreement. That is really messed up. Sorry to hear that Jenay.
    10-03-08 02:44 PM
    UPDATE:

After thinking more about this I got angry and called Verizon CS again. This time I spoke to a supervisor. At first, she didn't want to do anything for me, but send me to the store I purchased the phone from and make them give me the credit for adding the broadband. She said that she could see the agreement and there was no where on there stating that I wanted this service. I refused to go to the store and wait the hour it takes to get waited on when I knew she could help me right over the phone. After talking till I was blue in the face she then said that I would receive a credit for all of the months that it was on there.

I am pleased
    Last edited by OHCop; 10-07-08 at 08:05 AM.
    10-07-08 07:32 AM
    right on partner
    10-07-08 07:53 AM
    Make sure you stay on top of that. Also make sure you have her name and information. I had to call back three different times about a credit I was supposed to receive.
    10-07-08 08:31 AM
    Glad to hear your issue was resolved!

Vzw is generally very good when it comes to satisfying their customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD