Does this not work with other cell providers???? I have tried it with people on t-mobile and att, and i'm now gonig to attempt it with a spring user but I cant ever seem to get it to work...am I doing something wrong????
    02-04-09 12:58 PM
    BBM works cross carrier. Make sure you are adding contacts by PIN and that both have data plans.
    02-04-09 12:59 PM
    Should work though other carriers. Are you getting errors msgs? pending status?
    02-04-09 12:59 PM
    Should work though other carriers. Are you getting errors msgs? pending status?
    it only goes to pending status and no one ever gets a response to accept me. It always goes to that and it will just sit there.
    02-04-09 01:03 PM
    it only goes to pending status and no one ever gets a response to accept me. It always goes to that and it will just sit there.
    Do the people you're sending it to have data plans?
    02-04-09 01:05 PM
    on your phone go into Options>security options > general options make sure content protection is disabled and that firewall is also disabled. This should fix the issue. Firewall is located directly under security options.

Yes others do need data plans as well.
    02-04-09 01:05 PM
    Do the people you're sending it to have data plans?
    one does that i know of, the others im not sure. the one im trying to get it work wit has data plans.
    02-04-09 01:09 PM
    on your phone go into Options>security options > general options make sure content protection is disabled and that firewall is also disabled. This should fix the issue. Firewall is located directly under security options.

Yes others do need data plans as well.
    its all disabled.
    02-04-09 01:10 PM
    Then send it to the pin number. This works better.
    02-04-09 01:15 PM
    Ok I will try that. I'm waiting on a response from a friend who I know has a data plan. Its his company phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 01:21 PM
    Ok just got a request for the pin and messaging is now working. I will assume that the others didn't have data plans

02-04-09 01:27 PM
    Good to hear
    02-04-09 01:29 PM
    I'm on VZW, my friend's on ATT. Less than an hour ago I sent him my PIN, I immediately got his request and accepted. It went to pending for about 2 minutes, and then he was available on my contacts. It definitely works cross/carrier.
    02-04-09 01:35 PM
    Also are all of them using personal devices? If they are using work issues blackberries they might have BBM disabled cause of BES policy.
    02-04-09 01:37 PM
    This guy is vp of the company if everything isn't working on the phone even if he won't use it he gets a lil aggitated lol

02-04-09 01:40 PM
    I cannot send or receive bb msgs this afternoon. Is anyone else having issues. No setting issues, been using bb msgr for a long time.
    02-04-09 01:42 PM
    Try a battery reset. Are other data functions on your deivce working okay?
    02-04-09 01:46 PM
    i think if you're on bes, bbmessenger only works with other bes phones, because my sister in law has a blackberry for work and personal use and i couldn't add her work blackberry but i was able to add her personal blackberry...
    02-04-09 02:45 PM
    Untrue, it's based on PIN number, has nothing to do with BIS or BES. AFAIK.
    02-04-09 03:21 PM
    It can have to with bes if the admin chooses to block bbm functionality.

02-04-09 03:27 PM
    i think if you're on bes, bbmessenger only works with other bes phones, because my sister in law has a blackberry for work and personal use and i couldn't add her work blackberry but i was able to add her personal blackberry...
    Not true...I talk to a guy on BES and I'm on BIS
    02-04-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD