hello, like most people anticipating for the storm 2, i am as well.

i would love to upgrade but my next upgrade is due 2010 of aug which is a bummer been with verizon for 6 + years

i am a secondary line in a family share plan.
    i recently found out my sister primary line have the New every 2 program and eligible now to use

he got a razr 2 phone with just regular plan no data plan

i got a unhappy storm and i would like to upgrade to s2 when it comes out

now the alternate upgrade...what im having trouble finding out is if i do the alternate upgrade with my sister for the storm 2, will she be getting the data plan added to her plan? cus i am the only one that got the data plan in the family share and i know if u do a contract with a bb u need to add a data plan.

thanks
    10-04-09 11:33 AM
    You will be able to upgrade her line, activate it on her line. Then do an esn change of the new phone to your line and you will keep the data plan and then put the razr back on their line. You won't have data on both lines. Just yours!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 11:40 AM
    ty for confirming this for me =] i was scared that if i do a alternate upgrade with my sis with a bb on her regular plan she would be stuck with data plan as well
    10-04-09 11:44 AM
    No, but keep in mind she wont be eligible to upgrade until your line (or another on the account) is eligible.

If she was planning on getting a new phone sometime in the near future she wont be able to.
    10-04-09 12:43 PM
    Sounds awfully nice of her, does she know she's going to be doing that? :P
    10-04-09 01:05 PM
    lol yea she got 2 phones her other phone is a mytouch data plan from tmobile and just use verizon for personal and all the phones she have for verizon is a pass on from me lol haha
    10-04-09 01:22 PM
    You don't need to activate it on her line.

10-04-09 05:31 PM
    You don't need to activate it on her line.

If the esn comes through locked, yes, you do have to activate it on her line (e.g., internet order). In store, you are right.
    10-04-09 05:42 PM
    MrButthead007 is correct but after a day or so call back and double check all phone on plan to insure every charge is correct and that insurance are placed on correct phone.
    10-05-09 02:12 AM
    Go into the store. That way you know that it is done right the first time, and wont have any issues with ESN change after 24 or 48hours of use.
    10-05-09 12:58 PM
    If the esn comes through locked, yes, you do have to activate it on her line (e.g., internet order). In store, you are right.
    If the "alternate upgrade" is processed correctly you wont have to activate it on any other line. If you do it in store it will be done correctly right away. If you order it, once you accept the terms via the IVR it will also be placed on the correct line.
    10-05-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD