New to the site. Love it. New to BBs. Love 'em. I am going to switch to Verizon and wait for the Storm but in the meantime I had a question. I tried to search around to find the answer first but no dice.

If I go in to a VZW store and purchase a Curve and when the Storm comes out (hopefully within the next month or so) can I use the 30 day guarantee to switch my Curve to a Storm (paying the price difference obviously).

Thanks
    11-05-08 02:25 AM
    Yes. Save your recepits too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 03:04 AM
    Thank you very much for your quick response.
    11-05-08 04:08 AM
    How does this work, as I am interested in doing this also.
    11-05-08 12:31 PM
    How does this work, as I am interested in doing this also.
    You pack up your old phone and take it back to the store and ask for a Storm. Pay the difference and any other fees. Works the same way if you exchange something at any other retailer.
    11-05-08 01:17 PM
    Keep your receipts and paperwork. It will be a LONG day if you don't have your paperwork.
    11-05-08 11:24 PM
    also, be prepared to pay a $20 device initiation fee (I herad it was going to a $35 restocking fee sometime in November).

The worry free guarantee does allow you to change phones if you really don't like the one you have, but it's not intended to be used just to get a phone to get you through...

so, if you have a phone for longer than 3 days, more than 15 minutes of talk time or more than 1 GB of data, then you are supposed to be charged $20 (or maybe $35) for the exchange.

just a heads up...
    11-06-08 11:42 PM
    also, be prepared to pay a $20 device initiation fee (I herad it was going to a $35 restocking fee sometime in November).

The worry free guarantee does allow you to change phones if you really don't like the one you have, but it's not intended to be used just to get a phone to get you through...

so, if you have a phone for longer than 3 days, more than 15 minutes of talk time or more than 1 GB of data, then you are supposed to be charged $20 (or maybe $35) for the exchange.

just a heads up...
    11/16 is when the 35$ restocking fee goes into effect
    11-07-08 02:00 AM
    Keep your receipts, all paperwork, original box in the best condition you can, etc.

Welcome to CB!
    11-07-08 02:22 AM
    you can do that , there will be a $20 charge though . just keep that in mind ..... so it will be the price difference plus $20 fee
    11-08-08 10:02 AM
    11/16 is when the 35$ restocking fee goes into effect
    Interesting date.
    11-08-08 01:01 PM
    Just another thing to be nice that people gotta abuse. First it's I need a insurance replacemnt cause I got a scratch. Now its I wanna new phone but can't wait 30 days for it so ill screw everyone else over and get this phone and take it back when the one I really want comes out. If u want the storm then wait for the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 01:27 PM
    Wait for the Storm. And how did you not find this during a search? People ask this question all the time..
    11-08-08 06:36 PM
    Yeah just wait, your wasting a lot of peoples time by switching intentionally.
    11-08-08 06:44 PM
    When does the 30-day worry-free period begin for phones or accessories?
    On the ship date, delivery date, or when activated?
    (Hoping I won't decide to return my Storm, but still getting used to it and figuring out how well it works...)
    12-09-08 12:19 AM
    Wait for the Storm. And how did you not find this during a search? People ask this question all the time..
    I can never decide if I love your avatar or your signature more lol
    12-09-08 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD