Okay, i want to get the blackberry storm on a family plan. with all the internet and all that.
    but the other two people want blackberrys without the blackberry plan?
    can i do that?

thanks for the help
    02-16-09 10:09 AM
    Not on verizon you cant, i have a friend on att that has a blackberry without a data plan.... the data services dont even show up on her phone, bbm and browser icons just dont exist
    02-16-09 10:12 AM
    Currently VZW requires the data plan on BB's, but not on the windows devices.

Just like AT&T requires it on the iPhone, but not on other devices.
    02-16-09 11:34 AM
    Starting with the Omnia, all PDAs will require a data package. So from here on out, if you want one, it's a requirement.
    02-16-09 11:40 AM
    Starting with the Omnia, all PDAs will require a data package. So from here on out, if you want one, it's a requirement.
    Really? That's good to hear. I never understood the point of getting a PDA and not having the data package. I would always have customer talk about wanting to keep up with contacts and calendars, but you can do that with any phone.

I also noticed the customers that did not get the data plan would always want to return the phone after 6 months b/c it was too much phone for their needs.
    02-16-09 12:49 PM
    You can always get your BlackBerry and the others can have one of the 'smarter dumbphones' like the enV or Voyager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD