I know they say its unlimited data but i also know thats not true. Does anyone know what the real limit is on this plan before they start charging you? thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 11:14 AM
    It is unlimited...
    02-18-10 11:21 AM
    If I remember correctly its 5GB/month. Just don't tether (excessively, shh!) or go stream Sirius 24/7 and you shouldn't hit the cap. I use the web and email attachments very heavily as well as GMaps and I'm never anywhere close.

02-18-10 11:22 AM
    oh yea...i forgot about tethering...if the OP isn't tethering then s/he will be just fine.
    02-18-10 11:27 AM
    yea i've been listening to xm on my phone a lot. thats why i was concerned. i knew unlimited did t really mean unlimited...

02-18-10 11:29 AM
    log on to your my verizon and go look and see how much you are using...im sure you arent even close.
    02-18-10 11:30 AM
    no there is a limit even if you arent tethering. they just dont advertise it...

02-18-10 11:30 AM
    im at 191 mb after one day...my billinv cycle just started...

02-18-10 11:31 AM
    well you might have to cut back on using xm so much...but they shouldn't advertise "unlimited" when it does come with a limit!
    02-18-10 11:33 AM
    It is Unlimited. There is ony a limit on tethered data. I use about 3-4 GBs a month because of Pandora. My buddies use about 7-8 Gbs because they like Pandora more then me, among other things.
    02-18-10 11:40 AM
    im gonna call them to be sure and if they say unlimited im gonna make then note my account so my *** is covered. i dont need a huge cell phone bill just csuse verizon wants to rip people off...

02-18-10 11:42 AM
    There is no overage price listed... it is indeed unlimited!
    02-18-10 11:45 AM
    BlackBerry BIS plans should be unlimited regardless of carrier...
    02-18-10 11:46 AM
    im gonna call them to be sure and if they say unlimited im gonna make then note my account so my *** is covered. i dont need a huge cell phone bill just csuse verizon wants to rip people off...

Ok you do that. And FYI, even if they did charge for it, it's not ripping you off if you use the service.
    02-18-10 11:48 AM
    It technically isn't unlimited as overusage could possibly be a detriment to their network. I'm guessing you'd need a fairly large amount to make verizon mad there though. It's "unlimited" for all intents and purposes though.
    02-18-10 12:07 PM
    Ok you do that. And FYI, even if they did charge for it, it's not ripping you off if you use the service.
    It is ripping you off if they advertise it as unlimited and then charge you when you go over some arbitrary limit they decide to impose without telling you.

02-18-10 12:27 PM
    It is ripping you off if they advertise it as unlimited and then charge you when you go over some arbitrary limit they decide to impose without telling you.

Well then good thing its Unlimited.
    02-18-10 12:34 PM
    I am surprised how many times a person said its unlimited then more and more chime in... "Are you sure?... Well?!" Kinda silly and circular.

02-20-10 12:17 AM
    The data plan is unlimited use on the handset. If you pay the $30 more a month for mobile broadband to tether your phone to the computer that is a five gigabyte limit.
    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by afallucoo; 02-20-10 at 10:54 AM.
    02-20-10 07:24 AM
    The data plan is unlimited use on the handset. If you pay the $30 more a month for mobile broadband to tether your phone to the computer that is a five gigabyte limit.
    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    This is correct, with the repeated clairification, handset data use is unlimited, when tethering, it's limited to 5 gb.
    02-20-10 10:11 PM

Read the T&Cs.
    02-20-10 10:20 PM
    If VZW deems it continuous abuse, get ready to be terminated with an ETF.
    02-20-10 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD