Hey all, I am switching my Verizon 9930 to a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 before my Verizon contract is up. I know I will be charged a fee for it, it's okay. However, I need to keep the same phone number and transfer all my contacts from the 9930 to the S4. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, how? Can I transfer the contact between two device platforms by myself? And for switching carriers, should I go to Verizon or T-Mobile first?

Another thing is that the new T Mobile account will be under a different name as the Verizon account. Will this be a problem, or should I use the same name, and then change the account owner on the new T Mobile account afterwards?
    Last edited by agp423; 06-03-13 at 07:32 PM.
    06-03-13 07:12 PM
    Come on folks someone has GOT to have done this!
    06-13-13 03:03 PM
    When I switched my service from Sprint to Verizon, I just went to Verizon in which they ported my number. I know that your number has to still be active at the time of port for you to switch it to another carrier so do not go to Verizon and cancel anything until your number is ported. Once my number was ported, it removed it from the Sprint system which cancelled my lines on my account. I did call Sprint to verify everything was cancelled which it was and then just had to wait until the next billing cycle to pay my final bill and ETF. I don't believe the names on the account will make a difference because it is more the numbers that are connected to the carrier more so than the account name. So basically just do what I did above except instead of going to Verizon, you will be going to T-Mo and then just call Verizon after the switch to verify everything is cancelled and then just pay your final bill.

Now for the contacts part I am unsure of as I switched from a 9930 to a Z10 in which Link took care of the transfer. My guess would be to import all your contacts onto your computer to something like outlook then go the opposite direction to the S4 to put them back on your phone.
    06-13-13 03:13 PM
    Save your contacts as a Vcard to your computer or an SDCARD if your 9930 uses one.
    06-13-13 05:36 PM
    Come on folks someone has GOT to have done this!
    It's backwards!
    06-13-13 06:00 PM
    When you port your number, that is when the contract with Verizon is terminated. Usually takes 15 or 20 minutes, but could take longer. The two times I have done this att to sprint, then sprint to Verizon it only took about that long.

You could upload your contacts your Google account then when you log in during the oobe (out of box experience), all of your contacts will be there waiting for you!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:31 PM
    Awesome, thanks for all the info. After reading more reviews of the Q10, I think I will switch to that instead of the S4 or HTC One. I really need a phone for productivity rather than entertainment. So I will backup all my info using BB Desktop Manager
    06-16-13 04:31 PM
    Desktop manager doesn't work with Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 04:45 PM
    Guess the contacts is going on my SD card

So there's no computer-based BB managing software for the Q10?
    06-17-13 06:53 AM
    BB Link allowed me to switch all of my contacts from my Bold 9930 to my Z10.

BB Link is the new "Desktop Manager" for BB10 phones.

Guess the contacts is going on my SD card

So there's no computer-based BB managing software for the Q10?
    06-17-13 10:03 AM
    Alright I have not made this exact switch, but I'm not sure what help anyone is giving to the situation. The OP should just use BlackBerry Desktop to move contacts from the 9930 to the computer. Save them in whatever format floats you boat [*.csv, vCards, et cetera...] then transfer them to the S4. Alternatively create an Outlook account, Gmail account, or similar and perform wireless syncing, plenty of information on that around here and on the web as that has become one of the most preferred ways of keeping things "up-to-date".
    06-20-13 11:40 AM
    Desktop manager doesn't work with Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? Not good, not good at all.
    07-05-13 07:14 PM
    Seriously? Not good, not good at all.
    You need to use BB Link and have old device handy to make the switch from old device to new device. Don't sell old one until you switch it.
    07-05-13 08:19 PM