Hello CrackBerry community! This is my first post, and I'm praying sometime this week I will be in possession of my first BB (the Tour, no doubt).

I need some help figuring out a few details concerning the way Verizon plans work. Here's the details:

I'm currently on a plan with my family, with my aunt being the head-honcho, and I'd like to add a data plan to just my line. As of now I only cost her an additional $10 or whatever the monthly charge for an extra line is. It's my understanding that I can add data to my line for around $50 per month. BUT, the two-year contract is up in October and she's not going to extend it (if you're wondering, that is the point where I'll be going solo, barring some future spat with Verizon). Is there are minimum time agreement for merely adding data to the line in addition to the contract we're already on?

Thanks a lot!
    07-11-09 11:54 PM
    From my understanding, the data plan should not extend the contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 11:57 PM
    It shouldn't matter unless your using the contract to get your tour. Are you paying retail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 12:01 AM
    Thanks. Also, since I have reached my upgrade date, can I purchase the Tour for the two-year price?
    07-12-09 12:01 AM
    I'm asking because I want to get the Tour while still on the Family Share plan.
    07-12-09 12:03 AM
    Any time you upgrade, it will automatically extend the contract date. I'm not sure how it works on a family plan whether it will only extend that line or the entire family plan.

You can probably get the CS person to cancel the contract extension but you need to make sure that gets done and confirm that it was done a little time later.
    07-12-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD