I've seen a few people complain about this, but I have yet to see a solution.

I have a Curve 8330 on Verizon. The installer for Slacker Radio was pushed to my phone a couple of months ago, NFL Live Mobile was pushed about a week or two ago.

I have tried removing the service books for those apps, but they keep reappearing on restart. They do not appear in the Options>Advanced>Applications menu.

I know that the applications don't really take up any space, and I know that they can be hidden. I've already seen the arguments that I shouldn't use a BlackBerry if I don't want my phone being remote-controlled (I'm getting an Android phone over the summer).

The point here is that I pay Verizon for service, and should not have to go through this chore every time another unwanted app comes out that they think I should have.

Verizon customer support told me that there is no opt-out and that the apps are pushed by RIM. RIM doesn't have an easy contact option.

Is there an way to permanently block these apps from being pushed to my phone?
    04-17-10 07:11 PM
    No and it's all carriers.... Not just VZW

Customer Agreement.

My Wireless Device

Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device.
    04-17-10 07:13 PM
    Best thing to do is hide those useless apps. That's the way it is.
    04-17-10 07:57 PM
    I add a folder, stuff these icons in there, then hide the folder. Then it doesn't have to be done again unless I change themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 08:06 PM
    You think you will avoid the pushed apps by getting a droid? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah seriously lmfao..
    04-17-10 09:33 PM
    Is there an way to permanently block these apps from being pushed to my phone?
    No. Hide them. Its not that hard to to do. Why people insist on whining about this all the time is beyond me.
    04-17-10 10:00 PM
    You think you will avoid the pushed apps by getting a droid? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah seriously lmfao..
    No pushed apps on my droid. Of course they are available in the market, but not pushed to my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD