View Poll Results: Do you want a "Push to Talk" feature on your Verizon BlackBerry device?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!! Push to talk and BlackBerry...it's a match made in heaven!

11 37.93%
  • Yes but only if it could be intergrated to work with the Sprint/Nextel Direct Connect feature.

1 3.45%
  • No. I can "get things done" just fine without Push to Talk on my Berry.

9 31.03%
  • I don't really care!

8 27.59%
02-09-10 12:17 AM
27 12
tools
    So I saw an advertisment or something the other day basically saying that Verizon was going to start really pushing their push to talk service alil bit more. Working in the construction wholesale industry, I see alot of people with Nextel and I see how it is able to speed up the contact progress and get more orders in to salesmen like myself. I had Nextel once before and loved the Direct Connect feature but the coverage area was terrible! Of course, now I'm a BlackBerry addict and can't put it down. So my question to you guys on Verizon, would you like to see a push to talk BlackBerry device? Vote in the poll and please feel free to leave comments. Thanks!
    01-19-10 04:37 PM
    I think it would give a great advantage to the PTT market for VZW. That Blackberry you're waiting on in your signature will provide this capability.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 01-19-10 at 05:00 PM.
    01-19-10 04:57 PM
    I think it would give a great advantage to the PTT market for VZW. That Blackberry you're waiting on in your signature will provide this capability.

That would be killer if that is the case!
    01-19-10 05:09 PM
    That would be killer if that is the case!
    Oh it is the case!
    01-19-10 05:23 PM
    Berry2Berry (sometimes called BerryTalk). Look it up. "There's an app for that."
    01-19-10 09:59 PM
    Berry2Berry (sometimes called BerryTalk). Look it up. "There's an app for that."
    The PTT service involves a lot more than what that app will offer.. I guess until the phone does come out that will be an alternative!
    01-19-10 10:02 PM
    I had a PTT feature on an AT&T dumbphone and never had any use for it. I could think of a lot of features I'd rather have than PTT.
    01-19-10 10:04 PM
    I had a PTT feature on an AT&T dumbphone and never had any use for it. I could think of a lot of features I'd rather have than PTT.
    Most consumers won't find a need for PTT. This is targeted for business customers really.
    01-19-10 10:07 PM
    Most consumers won't find a need for PTT. This is targeted for business customers really.
    Thanks for mentioning that...it is a business driven idea. You're not going to see your everyday consumer have that. But I sell plumbing, well drilling and septic materials to contractors and use to be in the field as a plumber myself and we use it ALL the time. It is a handy item. Your everyday consumer isn't gonna go walk down the street PTT'n their buddies. And to the one that mentioned BerryTalk (Berry2Berry), this isn't just for berrys. Verizon already has PTT regular phones, I'm saying I use a BlackBerry and would like Verizon to come out with a PTT berry. And I'm hoping what tsguy52 is saying is true that the 9650 Tour 2 will have PTT
    01-21-10 08:03 AM
    ATT has a push to talk Berry. The company I buy water from in Dayton/Columbus just switched fro Nextel to ATT. I was surprised when he showed me his PTT Berry.
    01-21-10 09:53 AM
    I am in Public Safety and we had the PTT ATT Berry's then vent to Verizon cause the State contract went to them. Verizon needs to step up there game a lot on the Blackberry's with this being one that is included.
    01-21-10 02:49 PM
    I am in Public Safety and we had the PTT ATT Berry's then vent to Verizon cause the State contract went to them. Verizon needs to step up there game a lot on the Blackberry's with this being one that is included.
    It's coming - you'll see a lot of advancements with VZW devices this year. We've already seen a lot in the 4th qt 2009. iPhone anyone??.... What about that new tablet.. only time will tell if the multitude of rumors hold true!
    01-21-10 02:54 PM
    Out of the clear blue last Friday I was told by a close friend at vzw that the Tour 2 will have PTT. I was surprised when he said it because I'd never heard that before. I'm not trying to add to the rumors, just thought it was very interesting.
    01-25-10 12:20 PM
    I think THE most annoying sound in the world is a Nextel phone doing it's PTT "beep"
    01-25-10 12:49 PM
    I think THE most annoying sound in the world is a Nextel phone doing it's PTT "beep"
    Same here, along with the rude people who have to have to hold a conversation over PTT while you are sitting in a restaurant or some place else.
    01-25-10 01:02 PM
    May I suggest it sounds more like a "bedeep"?
    01-25-10 06:17 PM
    My verizon sales guy says they are based on the curve and will be available next month. We are looking at switching from Nextel to Verizon. Personally I hate the PTT, you have to listen to people blab on and on and there isn't anything you can do.
    02-04-10 08:36 PM
    I may hold off on getting a new BB if this is coming.

I have been wanting a ptt but I don't want to carry two phones.
    02-05-10 02:02 AM
    Noooooo... Not a ptt BlackBerry!!!
    I can't stand ptt phones! Espesially in quiet places. All you hear is "BEEBEEEP"!!!
    AND ITS SO LOUD! MY GOODNESS, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR CONVERSATION!
    :

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 02:16 AM
    PTT has to be the most annoying thing in the world. Not only do I have to hear one side of an inane conversation, I have to hear the other side as well.
    02-06-10 01:10 PM
    PTT on a BB is pure speculation, except maybe the Curve. Unless there is proof and someone can show us proof, I call BS.

No documentation for the 9650 has had PTT even mentioned, not at all, zilch, nada. End of story.
    02-06-10 06:31 PM
    PTT on a BB is pure speculation
    It's coming in 2010. That's all I'm going to say.
    02-06-10 07:01 PM
    It's coming in 2010. That's all I'm going to say.
    Well where is the proof? A link would be nice.

If a PTT BB were to come to fruition, would there be an extra charge for it? I want the Tour 2, but I would not be willing to pay extra for the PTT feature. It would kill the upgrade plans for me.
    02-06-10 07:21 PM
    I am sure there will be an extra charge for it. It's VZW, come on?
    02-06-10 07:27 PM
    I am sure there will be an extra charge for it. It's VZW, come on?
    truer words were never spoken.
    02-06-10 10:17 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD