Thinking about switching to Verizon from Sprint,and was wondering if buying 2 tours through Crackberry at 29.99 each would be a wise choice over a Verizon store at 149.99 buy one get one free.

09-21-09 07:57 PM
    You will not have a warranty with the any phone you purchase from a third party. So it will be cheaper at first, in the long run it may cost you money and headaches, especially with the Tours trackball record.
    09-21-09 09:45 PM
    Oh wait.....I am not sure how it works since you are purchasing it with a 2 year contact. I had to see what you meant about getting a Tour for 30 bucks and I saw that it was with a contract.....I may have to follow up with you.
    09-21-09 09:48 PM
    if you are buying them new from the crackberry mobile site and signing up for new service with a contract........Verizon will honor the manufacturers warranty on the phones and you can sign up for insurance.
    09-21-09 09:53 PM
    Good to know. So you're getting a steal! I'd take the Crackberry offer.
    09-21-09 10:01 PM
    In the plan there is an option for "device protection service"from a different company for 49.99.

I would be better off getting insurance thru verizon right?

09-21-09 10:12 PM
    Is that a one time cost? Because, at 6.00 a month for Asurion for 24 months is 144.00......
    Last edited by supermario28; 09-21-09 at 10:23 PM.
    09-21-09 10:20 PM
    It all depends on what is covered. The Asurion plan is a ripoff, so maybe the other is better?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 10:34 PM
    Check with your homeowner's insurance company (or maybe renters if you rent?) and maybe able to get a better deal. Asurion is a ripoff since the deductible is so high when compared to other insurance options.
    09-21-09 10:46 PM
    I looked into what CrackBerry is offering - it is from NCOA, a group with a longer list of complaints than Asurion.

It seems they are really good at denying claims. When pressed, they often cancel your policy on a technicality, refund your money & bar you from buying more from them.

Looking online, I see they've not changed their stripes - cries of FRAUD & SCAM dot the ether.

Personally, I'd think twice about anyone who sold that "coverage." Its one of the reasons I have such low regard for Wirefly, Simplexity & Letstalk.

09-21-09 11:08 PM
    But wait - there's more!

From the CrackBerry phone sale site (run by Simplexity, by the way):

Terms of Purchase

Privacy Policy: You acknowledge that we are collecting your information for our use in accordance with our privacy policy which includes submitting it to one or more carriers to fulfill your request for wireless service.

Dispute resolution: To the fullest extent permitted by law, we agree to settle all disputes related to the purchase of wireless equipment and/or accessories (except certain small claims) only by arbitration governed by the Federal Arbitration Act in the District of Columbia. We agree that by entering into this Agreement, we are each waiving the right to a trial by jury and agree to only bring claims in our individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.

Our goal is to provide you with the very best purchasing experience possible, including huge savings vs. buying in a retail store. Your phone purchase price was reduced by an Equipment Discount of $200 ($300 for PDAs/smart phones). By accepting this price reduction, you agreed to repay this discount if, during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you:
    • Fail to pay your balance due to your carrier each month
    • Disconnect this line of service
    • Transfer this equipment to another line of service
    • Change your carrier service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate plan
    • Deactivate the email/data feature if one was required at the point of purchase
    • Transfer/port an existing phone number from another account if this is a new line of service
    • Replace an existing account with this account if this is a new line of service
    • Return or exchange your phone and it is not in its original, new condition with no more than 30 minutes of usage
    If you break any of these contract provisions, except as a result of a documented service quality issue related to the carrier service, you authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of the Equipment Discount.
    09-21-09 11:16 PM
    Makes me want to think twice about getting the phones through them.

Might just get the phones through Verizon then.
    09-22-09 05:50 AM
    I would say ur better off goin with Big Red.

09-22-09 05:59 AM

Hear hear!
    09-24-09 03:25 PM
    Or at least a local big-box, like Walmart or BestBuy.

09-24-09 06:16 PM