I have a storm that I purchased from a friend about 3 weeks ago and I have the original receipt of when he purchased the phone from Verizon and was wondering if Verizon would handle a replacement on this phone as I have been having major problems with the voice quality and signal loss even though I am in an area with excellent service (Pittsburgh) where my wife's phone has solid 5 bars. I also am having a few issues with the screen click on the lower left side of the screen.

Could you let me know what my options are.

Thanks,

Mike
    03-17-09 02:37 PM
    Take in the device and anything that came with it. They will take care of you. If you want speak to customer service on the phone they will send you out a replacement, and you send that one back upon receipt
    03-17-09 02:39 PM
    Thanks for the response, is it typically better to take it to the store where purchased or calling them?

Mike
    03-17-09 02:44 PM
    In all actuallity technically they don't have to help you out, but with the original receipt in hand it certainly helps. You might be best seeing if you can drag along your friend you bought the phone from to go the the store with you. The reps should be more than willing to help you out, if not be sure to let me know and i'll make sure you get helped out.
    03-17-09 02:49 PM
    I would make sure there is no physical or liquid damage first. Liquid damaged Storms are notorious for poor signal strength.

Only letting you know since you might not know the entire history of the phone considering you are not the original owner.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 03-17-09 at 03:00 PM.
    03-17-09 02:54 PM
    No damage to the phone at all zero signs of abuse. My friend just didn't like the phone and only used it about a week. The phone overall is great except for the problem with the voice quality/dropping signal even in areas where my wife's phone gets excellent reception and the screen click problem.

Thanks for the responses I will try taking it into the store first.
    03-17-09 03:00 PM
    Liquid damaged Storms are notorious for poor signal strength.
    Is that because cell signals have a hard time reaching the bottom of the pool?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 06:13 PM
    Decided to call Verizon instead of store as our store is always busy and end up waiting 20+ minutes just to get a person assigned. Only took 2 minutes to get a tech on the phone had me run through a few settings including reprogramming some weird stuff. He then called my phone to to test call quality and he noticed how bad the quality was he said it sounded like I was talking through a tunnel. Needless to say I am having a replacement phone shipped next day arriving on Thursday.

Again thanks for everyone's help.
    03-17-09 07:15 PM
    WOW! That's awfully cool of them since it was transferred. They didn't have to do that. However, that tunnel sound is probably normal on that thing. The one I had sounded the same way.
    03-17-09 07:16 PM
    THe reason he replaced it is beacuse he did not check to see when it purchased. If that had been checked, then the rep would have seen there was not a purchase just an activation. RED FLAG! you got luck enjoy the working phone
    03-17-09 07:18 PM
    the working phone
    He uses the term "working" very loosely here lol
    03-17-09 07:20 PM
    Ha!
    03-17-09 07:29 PM
    with vzw if you call *228 and then 2 it might help with the drop calls
    03-17-09 08:38 PM
    with vzw if you call *228 and then 2 it might help with the drop calls
    Not if you're having problems in an area with Verizon service.

03-17-09 08:42 PM
    Not if you're having problems in an area without Verizon service.
    I think this is what you meant to say?

03-17-09 09:41 PM
    Forget what I just said - I misread.

03-17-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD