10-14-09 07:29 AM
278 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    <------- creep and proud of it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 03:20 PM
    What can you expect from creeps?

I've seen no one here by that name - is he new?

Not new, Just never posts

http://forums.crackberry.com/members/creeps/
    08-31-09 02:59 PM
    To be honest I have been a customer with Verizon for like 7 years and I can't see myself going anywhere else. I had many issues but none that were never taken care of by customer service immediately. The 2 months that I have been on this site I really gained a lot of knowledge and it saved me a lot of time instead of calling into customer service. To those Verizon employees I thank you and I wish you the best and I hope everything works out for you guys.
    people who say such kind things make me appreciate the ppl i help on a day to day basis
    08-31-09 05:48 PM
    maybe i'm blind, but i don't see the part where they name names on the planetfeedback link provided in the OP?
    08-31-09 11:58 PM
    maybe i'm blind, but i don't see the part where they name names on the planetfeedback link provided in the OP?
    Sun Aug 23rd reply by Brandon & Jeanie. Toward the bottom. I saw a bunch of names & yours was near the top - even mentions you being a moderator here.

09-01-09 12:13 AM
    Sun Aug 23rd reply by Brandon & Jeanie. Toward the bottom. I saw a bunch of names & yours was near the top - even mentions you being a moderator here.

holy crap, i'm a moderator??? since when?

and at least i treat everyone equally: equally horrible!!!
    09-01-09 12:30 AM
    nope, i'm not on that one...must have been one of the many other complaints about me anywhere on the internet...

Twitter / LuAnn: This "Patches152" on CB is ...

one more reason i want to join twitter!!!

NOT!
    09-01-09 12:40 AM
    So to continue the the main point of this thread, I had some more thoughts...

Some customers feel (and really rightfully so), that they deserve a certain amount of respect from Verizon Wireless (or any carrier's) employees. So when they go on to a forum where there are self proclaimed employees, the customer still feels entitiled to the same treatment they would receive as if they were in a store or over the phone. Now, some of the things reps say on the forum may not be something they would say while on the job (ie sarcastic or inappropriate comments), I hardly think a few off color remarks warrant some of the complaints that there have been; and personally I still believe that a few sensitive people got their feelings hurt, and blew things out of proportion.

Now I have only been on this forum for a handful of months, but what I've seen from the majority of employees have been helpful, useful tips, and for the most part respectful comments. Again I think it should be stressed that this is a public forum, and any reasonable person should expect some banter and definitely than less formal conversations...
    09-01-09 06:49 AM
    nope, i'm not on that one...must have been one of the many other complaints about me anywhere on the internet...

Twitter / LuAnn: This "Patches152" on CB is ... (WARNING: COARSE LANGUAGE ON THIS LINK)

one more reason i want to join twitter!!!

NOT!
    I seriously dislike Twitter - have no use for it at all. Like I have the disjointed mentality & arrogant feelings of self-importance to think I need to tell everyone my up-to-the-minute happenings in my life. Then there is the privacy/security issue...

"I am at work! Come rob my house!"

"I am on vacation! Come rob my house!"

"I sleep at my girlfriend's house on the weekend! Come rob my house!"

Now, seeing the inelegant writing skills of the probably not-so-lovely LuAnn, I have even less desire to be a part of Twitter. Sorry, but I am above that trash.

Is LuAnn a VZW employee? Maybe I should complain about her.

09-01-09 09:05 AM
    Some customers feel (and really rightfully so), that they deserve a certain amount of respect from Verizon Wireless (or any carrier's) employees. So when they go on to a forum where there are self proclaimed employees, the customer still feels entitiled to the same treatment they would receive as if they were in a store or over the phone.
    I'm sorry but I'm still going to have to disagree with this. At the end of the day, this isn't run by nor sanctioned by VZW. They aren't entitled to anything special nor should anyone here feel like they need to hold hands and sing kumbaya for fear people on the internet didn't get quality customer service. The fact that this even happened is simply hilarious. People need to realize that this is the internet. If you want serious tech support, take the time to call Customer Support. If you want to try and figure it out on your own by using CB or asking Google, great. But you aren't entitled to get the same treatment because you didn't call VZW. Sorry.

Maybe that's just my outlook on how the internet works or perhaps I've become dumb enough to realize if I wanted true technical support, I'd have a novel thought and actually call the company who's service I'm paying for.
    09-01-09 09:25 AM
    I'm sorry but I'm still going to have to disagree with this. At the end of the day, this isn't run by nor sanctioned by VZW. They aren't entitled to anything special nor should anyone here feel like they need to hold hands and sing kumbaya for fear people on the internet didn't get quality customer service. The fact that this even happened is simply hilarious. People need to realize that this is the internet. If you want serious tech support, take the time to call Customer Support. If you want to try and figure it out on your own by using CB or asking Google, great. But you aren't entitled to get the same treatment because you didn't call VZW. Sorry.

Maybe that's just my outlook on how the internet works or perhaps I've become dumb enough to realize if I wanted true technical support, I'd have a novel thought and actually call the company who's service I'm paying for.
    +1 I agree, but VZW employees should not post false info.
    09-01-09 09:39 AM
    holy crap, i'm a moderator??? since when?

and at least i treat everyone equally: equally horrible!!!
    How the above quote was translated in my mind:

Patches- <Crackberryclub for men voice> I'm not only NOT a Moderator, I'm also a member </Crackberryclub for men voice>
    09-01-09 10:25 AM
    that's exactly how i would say it too....think cheesy gameshow host from the 80's....that's my voice, dead on

glad you liked my deadpool post there dev
    09-01-09 02:19 PM

Wait... You said you disagreed with what I said... Then pretty much repeated what I had said in my post...
    09-01-09 03:46 PM
    Ok, I thought I was doing some people a favor by not quoting the entire wall of text, but I guess I should instead.

So to continue the the main point of this thread, I had some more thoughts...

Some customers feel (and really rightfully so), that they deserve a certain amount of respect from Verizon Wireless (or any carrier's) employees. So when they go on to a forum where there are self proclaimed employees, the customer still feels entitiled to the same treatment they would receive as if they were in a store or over the phone. Now, some of the things reps say on the forum may not be something they would say while on the job (ie sarcastic or inappropriate comments), I hardly think a few off color remarks warrant some of the complaints that there have been; and personally I still believe that a few sensitive people got their feelings hurt, and blew things out of proportion.

Now I have only been on this forum for a handful of months, but what I've seen from the majority of employees have been helpful, useful tips, and for the most part respectful comments. Again I think it should be stressed that this is a public forum, and any reasonable person should expect some banter and definitely than less formal conversations...
    Now that we've re-read your comments, what part is it that I reiterated? If I'm reading your comments correctly (and I'm summarizing here), it sounds like you feel that customers deserve a certain amount of respect here from self-proclaimed VZW employees. I called BS on this part and wanted to drive home the fact that if people want real technical support, they should take the appropriate avenues to get just that and not cry when someone hurts their feelings on the internet, especially a forum neither run by or sanctioned by VZW.

Now I suppose you could argue that we agree that this whole topic is ridiculous and clearly blown out of proportion but that's not the part I quoted you originally on and obviously why I said I disagreed. Other than that, where's the discrepancy because I just don't see it then....

Either way, the part that is misleading is that you said these customers are entitled to feeling this way as construed by your "and really rightfully so" and this is what lead to me disagreeing with your comments.
    Last edited by lahnipm; 09-01-09 at 04:17 PM.
    09-01-09 04:13 PM
    I guess my initial post was some how unclear...
    I was saying that when dealing with employees in their work environment, customers deserve a certain amount of respect. I was saying that some of these customer's probably expect to get the same respect from the self-proclaimed employees on this forum (which is honestly not something they should expect to get since it is in fact a public forum). Then since they weren't given this respect, they make ridiculous complaints...

Hope thats clear...
    09-01-09 07:00 PM
    as a an ex VZW employee who's been down this road (ie: posting on phonescoop before i was a berry user) i'm gonna play devil's advocate, and maybe share some of my experiences...

you signed an agreement as an employee that basically says you won't post on forums (not in so many words, but generally written contracts can be interpreted as such) and advertising yourself as employees...i'm sure i've brought it up to a few people that i've seen around, you know who you are, and i told you what i went through...

by saying you're an employee, especially if its true, you're representing a company. in doing such, you're responsible for the information you post, even if it's an opinion...it's called intellectual property.

now i don't agree with this, it was turned against me with my helping over at phonescoop.com

they tried to stick me with leaking information from a training...one i didn't even participate in until a week after the program/plan/event was initiated...and long after the info was leaked onto the internet

basically the way to approach this without digging yourself into a hole that you can't get out of is this:

approach the situation as an "independent industry analyst". that way you're not affiliated, you can have your opinions, and still be able to cite process/procedure, just don't do it if you can't find a link to post to back it up...

if you advertise yourself as an employee of a company that you really work for, expect to be held responsible for what you say/do...even off of the clock.
    09-01-09 07:31 PM
    I guess my initial post was some how unclear...
    I was saying that when dealing with employees in their work environment, customers deserve a certain amount of respect. I was saying that some of these customer's probably expect to get the same respect from the self-proclaimed employees on this forum (which is honestly not something they should expect to get since it is in fact a public forum). Then since they weren't given this respect, they make ridiculous complaints...

Hope thats clear...
    I have to disagree. If you are dealing with "Joe Jerkwod" on a forum, no you should not expect any level of courtesy as it is a public forum. BUT, when "Joe" starts using his employer as a means to back his claims, you are then representing the company and owe it's customers the same respect you would be expected to give them in a store, and most companies would expect that and would indeed reprimand or fire you for conduct detrimental to the company.
    09-01-09 07:59 PM
    Good stuff there, patches - everyone has to remember that you can argue until you're blue in the face - but while you're standing in the unemployment line, you'll wish you hadn't.

Your immediate supervisor can't save you, nor can theirs or even the one above them - when a large corporation decides you're a liability, you're done - regardless of your feelings on the matter.

I wouldn't even risk posting in a "rep-only" area, whether or not it was private. I've seen far too many "admin-only" areas turn up on search engines. You may not be able to enter, but that doesn't stop "cached pages" from being viewable.

So, if your name is really Janis Cleborn, you work for a carrier - any carrier - and you want to post in a forum, call yourself something like Booger, put your location as being in a state where your employer has no physical presence, lie about your birthday, come up with a forums-only email address & never say who you work for. Don't even mention you work for a carrier. The "independent industry analyst" idea could be good. And never, ever, login from work.

I wouldn't even use a phone with service from your employer.

Because the minute you advertise yourself to be a carrier rep, you just painted a big target on your chest, your forehead & your back.

And, don't think any carrier needs a court order. It is pretty simple to get around that - offer a mod or admin a year of free service, a new phone or threaten to pull advertising - instant IP address & full info.

I have seen it all done.

09-01-09 08:04 PM
    If you really believe that you always represented your compay in a positive light when identifying yourself as a rep then don't worry about planet feed back. Those that would not mind pulling all their post and showing to the board of directors should not worry. Those that claim to be a rep and being outright rude and referring to customers as pissants may want to think more carefully about what they post if they are going to claim to be a rep of a carrier. I have learned the hard way that at the end of the day...a company will keep a customer over an employer unless we are talking about a pretty severe case. While help is appreciated...please don't get uppity and spout off that you don't have to be here helping yet choose to because the flip side is no one asked you too either. Please don't think that by using a fake name protects you either. I have googled user names before from my yahoo list etc and have doing out more about them then they wanted me to know. Some people have a habit of using the same user name or slight variation across forums. I use too until my mom found out more about me then I wanted her to know. None of my comments are directed to anybody. I am really a 100% happy vzw customer. I don't post much due to the fact that when a customer makes a complaint there is always someone ready to smack them down but when someone laughs at a customer we all laugh. Well also I am too lazy to hit reply button most of the time.

09-01-09 09:46 PM
    I have to disagree. If you are dealing with "Joe Jerkwod" on a forum, no you should not expect any level of courtesy as it is a public forum. BUT, when "Joe" starts using his employer as a means to back his claims, you are then representing the company and owe it's customers the same respect you would be expected to give them in a store, and most companies would expect that and would indeed reprimand or fire you for conduct detrimental to the company.
    Now, I do believe that those who truly are Verion reps should act somewhat appropriately as to not tarnish the reputation of their employer.
    But again I think it should be stressed that this is a public forum, and in no way is it monitored or controlled by Verizon Wireless. Because of this, no one who claims to be an employee has been validated, and therefore anyone who thinks they should be treated as if they were in a store, is just naive...
    09-01-09 10:38 PM

Again, I would point to my previous post. "Joe Jerkwod" vs "Joe, I work for VZW".

As for support. If you really think you can get better support from VZW for your BB then on CB or BBForums, you are saaaaadly mistaken. I frequent BBForums and find people getting help everday who say the tech support at the carrier was clueless. If you have a Moto or Samsung device sure you can get support, but smartphones are so beyond what these "CS Techs" can handle..lol.
    09-01-09 10:45 PM
    Again, I would point to my previous post. "Joe Jerkwod" vs "Joe, I work for VZW".

As for support. If you really think you can get better support from VZW for your BB then on CB or BBForums, you are saaaaadly mistaken. I frequent BBForums and find people getting help everday who say the tech support at the carrier was clueless. If you have a Moto or Samsung device sure you can get support, but smartphones are so beyond what these "CS Techs" can handle..lol.

This is actually pretty inaccurate... A lof of VZW techs know just as much as some people who post on here. There's just as much, if not more, misinformation given on here than if you speak to a TS rep...
    09-01-09 10:53 PM
    This is actually pretty inaccurate... A lof of VZW techs know just as much as some people who post on here. There's just as much, if not more, misinformation given on here than if you speak to a TS rep...
    I do agree that I find a lot of misinformation on here but that's why I frequent BBForums mostly. I have been hanging out here because BB is a lower volume forum because it lacks the drama that I find so entertaining on here...lol.
    09-01-09 11:15 PM
    The reality of who is or who isn't isn't the real point here. Perception is.

And don't go into that argument that anyone can claim to be a rep & get away with it - the reps can sniff that out from a mile away & expose the charlatans. I probably know more about telco than 95% of those who visit here & I could not pass myself off as a rep of any carrier - I do not know the systems the reps use, nor am I privy to the internal CS things the reps use or know.

But I know when to shut up - so the newbies & non-reps here might assume I am a rep or higher within the VZW chain.

What is in play here is reputation. You get someone who has 500+ posts who has spent 90+% of their time in the VZW forums, has claimed to be a rep & who others who claim to be reps validate them - and that individual is rude, obnoxious, or worse and what do you get? Bad results - mostly from those who may never register or post.

If I were to go to a park for some recreation & there was an employee picnic going on in the ramada next to mine & the people in that group were loud, obnixious & rude, I may think twice about ever shopping at Kroger for groceries - especially if I'd not yet shopped there. Yet, for all I know, the rude ones were spouses & family members; not employees.

I understand the Internet. I know what goes on in chat forums. There are liars, scammers & con-artists all over the place. But on an enthusiast site, they get exposed pretty quickly.

No reasonable soul expects any rep to know everything - but a good rep knows when they can't help & goes to find the answer. A good rep also learns to leave work at work & not carry it with them. So the rep here who says inaccurate stuff for the sake of being the first to respond should get called out & they do here. But customers do not know telco, nor does everyone know the ins, outs & realities of chat rooms. Even the knowledgeable get called out by those who don't have a clue as to how things work.

Months before they came out, I warned of problems with Storm & Tour - most didn't listen, nor did they come back to tell me I was right. I have been telling everyone about the issues with Storm2 - few are listening, because they don't want to believe they are wrong & keep hoping RIM will get its head out of its tail. These people are often longtime enthusiasts, yet you think people who are surfing online for information might know the truth about forums & reps?

That is a mighty big assumption - and you know what they say about those who assume.
    When someone comes here via a search engine, sees Verizon forums, a thread called Ask a VZW Rep, reads through & sees Tom posting repeatedly about his experience as a rep & others backing him up, it isn't difficult to understand how they might feel about VZW when Tom is rude & obnoxious.

Most don't stick around or complain - they simply go elsewhere.

09-01-09 11:46 PM
278 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD