10-14-09 07:29 AM
278 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Seems like that sometimes has slowly turned into most times
    So AZX2 is being introspective (that means looking into one's own actions) and following Branta's directive of "no more insults, no more personal attacks" and your comeback is a personal attack.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 08-28-09 at 01:51 PM.
    08-28-09 01:45 PM
    No I did a smiley face that makes everything ok.
    08-28-09 02:14 PM
    Yeah and besides, nobody pays attention to blue, he is dumb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 02:23 PM
    Seems like that sometimes has slowly turned into most times
    No - I was speaking about everyone, in general, not taking the time or using the intelligence that God may or may not have given them, to understand what is being said & not what they want it to mean. Serving one's own vendettas becomes obvious to the thoughtful.
    So AZX2 is being introspective (that means looking into one's own actions) and following Branta's directive of "no more insults, no more personal attacks" and your comeback is a personal attack.
    No introspection in what I wrote - but some people refuse to admit they can't read words.

My reference to what gets me into trouble pertained to questions that I answered too hastily - it had nothing to do with this thread.

Go back & reread my words in this thread - I stand by what I wrote. I do not take responsibility for what people twist them into.

Last edited by AZX2; 08-28-09 at 02:32 PM.
    08-28-09 02:29 PM
    I made my point very clear earlier in this thread, so I'm not going to reiterate it again. I just think it is important to remember that in the last two days I have asked two questions in this sub forum. (I'll link them if you want to see; http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/aft...appens-302767/; http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/sav...m-card-303308/) They were both asked and answered with in 5 minutes, they were not dire emergencies yet I got what I needed in about the same time I could have dialed 611 and gotten a person.

Even if someone responded in sarcasm (which they didn't) who really cares? I have no reasonable expectation to get a correct answer or to even get a response, so the convenience of being able to type a question in 15 seconds during a commercial or just after sex, or in the bathroom, or <insert another inappropriate scenario to make my point> is well worth the occasional snide remark. Which again I didn't get, I am simply making a point.
    08-28-09 02:58 PM
    I made my point very clear earlier in this thread, so I'm not going to reiterate it again. I just think it is important to remember that in the last two days I have asked two questions in this sub forum. (I'll link them if you want to see; http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/aft...appens-302767/; http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/sav...m-card-303308/) They were both asked and answered with in 5 minutes, they were not dire emergencies yet I got what I needed in about the same time I could have dialed 611 and gotten a person.

Even if someone responded in sarcasm (which they didn't) who really cares? I have no reasonable expectation to get a correct answer or to even get a response, so the convenience of being able to type a question in 15 seconds during a commercial or just after sex, or in the bathroom, or <insert another inappropriate scenario to make my point> is well worth the occasional snide remark. Which again I didn't get, I am simply making a point.
    Always a great point, and I don't know how people can argue after that... Sure we(mainly me and crackalack) may answer with some form of sarcasm but in the end at least we answered and for the most part we help i know a couple of others on here tsguy, heather(while not on painkillers) weekend, lastraid, i know there are more out there, are all amazing to do what they do on the clock and come on here and help when they are off the clock. Because in the end they don't have to do what they do.
    08-28-09 03:03 PM
    I'm what they call a master debater

08-28-09 04:32 PM
    I'm what they call a master debater

Didn't your mom tell you that you can go blind from that?
    08-28-09 10:10 PM
    No introspection in what I wrote - but some people refuse to admit they can't read words.
    I knew that but I had to jurk BandB's chain.
    I don't think I should be able to make a personal attack, smiley or not, and yet others be prohibited from doing the same or at best, restraining themselves.
    08-28-09 10:18 PM
    So a smiley can make it all ok ?

08-28-09 10:23 PM
    I knew that but I had to jurk BandB's chain.
    I don't think I should be able to make a personal attack, smiley or not, and yet others be prohibited from doing the same or at best, restraining themselves.
    You mean I can't walk over to a politician, crush him in my hands & get away with it because I am smiling?

Wait - I'd be smiling because I was enjoying it too much & doing everyone a favor.
    08-29-09 12:34 AM
    Sorry if this was stated, but I wanted to give my 2 cents on the original topic. In my experience, when posters begin to boast that they know they are right because they work for a carrier, that is usually the first indication that they are wrong. From quoting policies incorrectly to saying things don't exist or can't be done, they usually resort to the claims of employment with a carrier to prove they are right. I recently saw a post about a Sprint employee insisting that cradle chargers for BB batteries did not exist which is completely wrong. Then there's my favorite and that's that you can't get ANY web content on an AT&T BB without the BB Data Plan. Not only is this incorrect, but AT&T is now more or less admitting it by requiring the plan on all new and upgrade activations starting the 6th of Sept. I myself have no "Plan" and use web content a few times a month, and I pay for it on PPU. I give little creedence to those claiming to be with a carrier because those who have the right info rarely resort to these claims.

Oh...and you can be the biggest je-rk in the world if you want to be a d-bag, but once you bring your employer into the fight, you have a duty to said employer to treat their customers with the same respect you are expected to inside a brick and mortar store. Additionally, that employer would be well within it's right to repremand you for that conduct up to and including termination based on your employee codes of conduct.
    Last edited by barbwyr; 08-30-09 at 07:35 PM.
    08-29-09 01:32 AM
    So a smiley can make it all ok ?

It really depends on context and the intent of the writer. As an example, there are some universal expressions (which I can't post here) which in conversation could be anything from an "extremely offensive suggestion to Go Away", to a light hearted response to a friend's suggestion that it is your turn to buy the beer again - all depending on tone, body language, and context.

Smileys originated with email and usenet as the old style substitute for body language and voice intonation which are absent in a text representation, but a major part of real world human conversations. Some of us (the OldFarts) still use smileys in the original context, but they seems to have fallen into misuse and some of the newer html-www-troll-what_is_usenet generation deploy them as an attempt to deflect moderator attention from inexcusable content.
    08-29-09 05:37 AM
    Ok so which would you say the smiley was used here good or bad.

08-29-09 06:53 AM
    Some of us (the OldFarts) still use smileys in the original context, but they seems to have fallen into misuse and some of the newer html-www-troll-what_is_usenet generation deploy them as an attempt to deflect moderator attention from inexcusable content.
    I know usenet, therefore I am not a troll.

And I know Archie, Gopher, Veronica, UNIX, DOS, COBOL, Basic & Pine. Plus I remember when floppy disks really were as floppy as grandma's (inexcusable content left out to appease the mods & deflect attention).

Or maybe I am just an OldFart.

08-29-09 11:37 AM
    and so I see VZW held some people responsible finally....glad I had SOME positive influence........to bad 1% of reps here had to make 99% look like they dont value privacy or politeness....
    08-29-09 12:09 PM
    to bad 1% of reps here had to make 99% look like they dont value privacy or politeness....
    It usually is somewhere around 1% that sullies the other 99%.

I can deal with the 1%ers. Its when the other 99% throw in the towel & take offense that is bothersome.

08-29-09 12:29 PM
    Not sure what you mean by that...

08-29-09 12:35 PM
    Sorry maybe its the pain meds but I'm not sure I get what larry ment by vzw holding some people responsible... I see the mods holding us ALL responsible for our behavior in this thread... Nothing else. We're all still here, helping and just putting everything in the past and mending relationships with collegues.

08-29-09 12:40 PM
    Its in the past.......Im looking forward to moving forward
    08-29-09 12:52 PM
    I just wanted to come in here and say I still think its hilarious that the guy complained about having made up handles

08-30-09 12:48 AM
    I just wanted to come in here and say I still think its hilarious that the guy complained about having made up handles

That was a bit bizzare.
    08-30-09 01:25 AM
    I still think its hilarious that the guy complained about having made up handles
    You mean people here aren't using their real names?

08-30-09 02:09 AM
    You mean people here aren't using their real names?

What can you expect from creeps?

08-30-09 06:09 AM
    What can you expect from creeps?
    I've seen no one here by that name - is he new?

08-30-09 02:27 PM
278 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD